Twenty-Six

I hurdle into the ground full of thorns and twigs. I spit out blood. She raked her claws onto the ground into me and I flew twenty feet. I stood up. She moved closer to me. She created a shadow beam. I separated with my sword. Her claw slapped me. I slam into the trees.

I get up quickly. I watch her create a sword made of shadow. She points it at me. I charge. She charges. Our swords clash ringing into the forest air. Her dress thorns grab my arm and toss me back and forth like a ragdoll. I cut one off. She screeches and draws back.

"Why are you doing this?!" I yell. 

"I am avenging my forest." She hisses as the sword comes down. 

I jump away. She charges. I charge. I jump up but she blocks my attack with her sword. She throws me down. 

"You humans have no respect for the trees and other plants." She snarls as we continue to duel. 

She throws me aside.

"Nature is not your bed." She hissed.

"I'm not sure what I can do about it." I say.

I get up. I spit out blood. She's hitting me hard. Every muscle in me ached. Every inch of my body was in pain. I guess this is what happens when you cross paths with a witch. Why does this always happen to me?? 

I charge. She charges. I stab her with my sword. She screeches and then she throws me to the side. I wince as my chest feels broken. My head had blood on it. I was getting really beat up. I watch as she disappears into the shadows. I shakily get up. My limbs are getting weaker and weaker.  Every inch of my body was in pain.

"You can't go on like this. Your condition is serious." She said. 

"I can goddamn try." I say. 

I charge again. My attacks were getting slower and slower. This isn't good. My vision starts to blur. Images and shapes blend together. I think I'm almost out of juice.