II. This is Berk

They could hear the creatures' guttural and feral groans and growls as they continued to stalk them. A riot of colours erupted all around them, ranging from red to green, as the creatures revealed themselves. They had features that no one could describe, no one had ever seen these creatures before, with flat bodies, four stumpy legs, a triangular-shaped head with two beady protruding eyes filled with animalistic intent, tendrils coming out from the side, the tendrils looking like leaves flowing in the breeze, the sharp and narrow wings that were beginning to open now.

The wind howled, strong, and the sky above was grey and solemn. The branches shook with reckless abandon as if a storm was brewing over them. They had to find shelter and survive a dragon attack now.

"uh, what is that?" Mera was the first to speak, and for the first time in her life, she was willing to listen to anyone, looking to Shun for answers.

"Ah, those are Changewings." Shun spoke, his voice frail and soft, his knees trembling in response to the sight. Aren approached him on his heels, a serious look in his eyes.

"You know about these things!" he exclaimed, clearly surprised and terrified.

Shun quickly nodded, "Um, it's from the book..."

Aren's eyes widened, his body stiffened, and his mouth clenched as he refocused his attention on the Changewing. When he noticed Nendou approaching without a care in the world, he jumped into action, calling out frustrated, "Nendou, get out of there!"

Nendou didn't have time to react because the Changewing mistook what he was doing for a threat. The Changewing swooped down from above, racing along the air draught while releasing a stream of glowing green substance. Hairo was the one who dragged Nendou out of the way right away.

"Mera,  get out of the way!" Teruhashi exclaimed. The girl with the maroon hair jumped out of the way, hiding behind a couple of logs. The green fire of the Changewing ripped apart and melted a couple of boulders in a matter of seconds.

"It...shoots acid?" Hairo yelled.

When more guttural noises came from above, everyone looked up to see the herd of Changewings.

"Run!" Shun stated. Everyone began to flee in the opposite direction, but the changewings were relentless; it filled everyone with dread as the creatures vanished, leaving only a few seconds to assess where they were.

"Shun, you said you know about these things, right?" Aren yelled as he ran, dragging Shun behind him due to Shun's slowness. Shun nodded and responded with bated breath.

"Yes, but why?"

"Aside from the invisibility and acid, does this thing have any weaknesses?" Aren inquired.

Shun nodded, thinking quickly. "I read somewhere that if they don't have anything to hide against, they won't have an advantage."

Aren rolled his eyes as he noticed how dense the forest was, with trees, rocks, and logs for these dragons to hide behind. "Well, that's not an option." When he heard a crash to his left, he acted quickly, pushing Shun out of the way as another Changewing swooped down, vicious and relentless, he managed to roll out of the way as he regained his footing. He gritted his teeth, trying to find a way to keep everyone safe. His senses were all over the place, his body shook, and he couldn't let on that he was panicking. He looked around and noticed Kusuo searching for something; this had to be the first time Kusuo appeared panicked and unprepared.

Kusuo tricked one of the Changewings into colliding with each other, causing the dragons to become feral. That was all he could do; he noticed how flat their bodies were, which could put them at a disadvantage in terms of agility. He wished he had his psychic abilities so he could have the upper hand. He tried desperately to activate them, even though he appeared overly stressed from the relentless attack. He wondered if he had always been so reliant on his abilities, the control they gave him in situations like this where it was difficult to think of a solution.