3.2 Separated (Mk perspective)

Mk is sitting next to his mentor's rival but also considered him a friend. Eating noodles while Mk drinks a cup of tea.

"You're saying that- you're only here to do some normal mortal stuff? Alone?" Mk clarified Macaque's words a while there.

"Of course, what makes you think I don't?" Macaque's sentences were muffled by the noodles he ate. Mk stared at nothingness to remember...

"I thought Sun Wukong does mortal stuff here? Turns out he doesn't?" Macaque is completely clueless, what has Sun Wukong been doing all his life?

"Well... there was one time when we had a cooking battle he was one of the 3 judges, I didn't expect that it was just one of the fake cardboard drawings of him. Also left with a voice recorder..." Macaque swallowed the noodles and began to laugh like a maniac.

Macaque couldn't help but laugh so hard, wheezing from his voice and dying out of laughter. "He- h-hah- oh boy-" "Just because Monkey King didn't show up, doesn't mean that he doesn't do that much here..." Mk's mouth pouted.

"Look kid, there are a lot of things Wukong's been doing than just doing stuff around here. He would rather spend more time guarding the Flower Fruit Mountain, he has to guard the area." Macaque drank the tea, and Mk looked down at his cup.

"What's up with you and that Samadhi kid?" Mk looked directly at Macaque, waiting for an answer who was looking at the front at nothing. "What do you mean?" "What I mean is... you both aren't that hard to notice back there. Kinda seemed like you're too attached to Dbk's son." He smirked.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." he covered half of his face with his left palm resting on the table.

"I saw you both hold hands together, care to explain about that?" He smirked at Mk. "What- how did you- the area was crowded, there was no way you saw us holding hands..." Mk looked at his hand with a look of confusion.

"I'm everywhere" Macaque shrugged off with his shoulders. "That explains why Monkey King said you were always looking out for him when he's alone, and thought that you know that he knows." Macaque choked from the cup of tea he was drinking.

He felt heat rising from his face, Mk did the same smirk from Macaque and leaned closer to him. "Now we're even" "Guess we're wasting our time here huh?" Macaque changed the topic by dropping it.

Mk looked back at him again "What do you want to know exactly?" Mk asked the six-eared Macaque. "Isn't it obvious? I'm asking if are you two dating. I thought that would make it clear" he said out loud so that Mk could hear.

"I- uh..." Mk thought for a moment trying hard not to keep it in, but he couldn't. "Fine, if you want to know then... here's the truth..." Mk hesitated for a moment.

"I kind of told them that this was supposed to be a hang out when it's not supposed to be, it's kind of a date that he doesn't know yet because... er... you know...?" Mk's response to Macaque was a sentence that he could relate to.

Back in the early years before he and Sun Wukong became enemies, the two used to be friends. (well more than friends)

Macaque requested Wukong if its okay to go out with him, and Wukong would gradually accepts Macaque. But every time, their moments get ruined since they have a lot of things to do. (There are also a bunch of times Azure Lion keeps bumping into them and ruining the chance Macaque could get the second move from him)

Macaque lost in thought, he went back to Mk by saying. "Sounds like I did the same thing before." He finished drinking his cup and pushed the bowl aside.

"Listen, kid, if it's your own decision to make. You have to choose wisely, there's sometimes a moment you can't ever turn back once you've done it. It's a life-changing decision, I mean look at me for example I blew my chances, and lead me here." His glance to Mk shortened and looked at the mountains.

Mk felt every word slip inside of his mind that made it deep for him to understand.
"Are you hoping to tell Monkey King about it?" Mk's last question was kept on hold as Macaque groaned and flicked his forehead.

"Ow! What was that for" The six-eared Monkey stood up from his seat and crossed his arms "Later Mk" Macaque jumped into the formed shadow and disappeared from the floor as the shadow he created disappeared.

I Guess Macaque is telling it honestly for him, take some time to think about it. He might change the future after he chooses it, but at the same time, he wanted to try it out for experience and want to see what comes to it.

What Mk's worried about is confessing his thoughts and feelings for the Demon Bull Prince, that if things turned out wrong he might not talk to him again. Or he might change his image when he's around.

Or worse, but Mk tried not to think about it that much. He knows Red Son and he wouldn't just do that to him if he doesn't like him.

----
Word count- 878