Chapter 1 - Where it all begun

Hi My name is Jenny Brightman and I'm 25 years old, I live in America and work in a kinder garden teaching two to five year olds, I love my job I get to take my little girl Sophie to work everyday and spend time with her whilst earning some money I also have another daughter called Ellie she is in first grade at school and not forgetting Sam the most wonderful, charming and loveable husband and father a woman could ask for.

Well that was until one unimaginable life changing day when the corrupt government changed things and I was snatched during my lunch break off the streets by what I can only assume and describe as an Army troupe working for the government! Kidnapped off the street and taken to a large warehouse where I was slung into a cage with at least fifty or more women of all ages!

Frightened isn't even a word to describe just how petrified I was! Women screaming, shouting, trying to ask the soldiers what's happening, yet getting no response the panic in everyone's eyes, the fear in how their bodies were quivering some women screaming out for their children and their loved ones. This was three years ago now but that memory has never left my mind, and I don't think it ever will.

Transported through different cages, stripped down of our clothes, moved on to another cage where our bodies examined  and photos taken. Then on to the next room questions asked by a women that was not at all interested in your pleas to let you go, or even answer questions of what they wanted and why you had been brought here. Strange questions she asked such as name, age, any family, known medical problems and the last question do you have any children? Known to have any risks of carrying a child?, Ever Miscarried?!

I myself was then carted of to another cage with around twenty other women in. Staring at each other each and every single one of us petrified in a cold dim warehouse unit standing naked trying to cover ourselves up given what little dignity we had left! I wondered where the rest of the women had gone, thoughts rushing through my muddled mind it was as if I was in some kind of sick and twisted game, my mind racing at a hundred miles but all I could do in that moment is think of my children and husband. I would have been late picking the children up, the kindergarten would wonder why I never returned from lunch, would they police be out searching for me? All these thoughts rushing through my mind!.

"Ladies" I hear a woman's stern voice that snaps me out of my thoughts "Face the wall and put your hands above your heads and spread your legs" one woman refused "I am not doing that!, now please can someone explain to me what is going on here?" She sobbed! The stern woman walks slowly over to her using her walking stick as an aid and comes up to her face to face. "I see we're going to have problems here with you, are you going to cause me problems?" "I think we have every right to know what is going on here you can't just treat us like this! like animals" The stern lady looks over her shoulder and nods to one of the soldiers to come over to her. "I think we're gonna have a problem with this one sir, teach her a lesson!". "What, no...." The girl shouts "I just want to know what's going on, why we are here please?". I hear the noise of heavy boots moving closer towards us, I can't see as I'm facing the wall, then I hear him un doing his belt someone else runs over and I hear the girl start to scream "nooo nooooooo noooooooo, you can't do this" she shouts. Then I hear it crack after crack, scream after scream and then it goes quiet!.

"Turn around ladies" I do as I'm told slowly and instantly look down to see the girl huddled on the floor curled into a small ball letting out just soft sobs. Then I look into her eyes Terror and sorrow is all I see but then I get drawn to her back the welts and blood seeping, I put my head down and that's when it finally hits me the fear that what's happening is real and nothing good will come out of what's going to happen next. Then the lady speaks "Let this be a lesson to you ladies, you do not raise your voice at me, otherwise you will be punished! Where you are off to next will not tolerate this behaviour, once you have been trained fully I expect to never have to witness this behaviour again! Do I make myself clear?" Not looking up from where I was standing I was still looking down at the floor but could only nod to say I understood. "Good girls, now back against the wall with your arms above your head and legs spread". I did as I was asked fully examined, hair tied back then another lady came along and clamped the top of my ear using a metal stud which I gritted my teethed and whimpered least I could through the pain. Once done she called out a number to the stern old woman. Tears rolled down my eyes whilst i heard the other women having the same thing done and i just couldn't understand what was happening and more worrying what was going to happen next!.

Once everyone had done the woman asked us to face her, she walked along in front of us then called the guards in 3 of them came walking in carrying piles of what looked like clothing. Walking along placing one set in front of us all she shouted "All put the clothes on", looking around at the other women I notice all the clothes were exactly the same a long red dress with white collars, big white knickers, and funny looking hat and some black boots!. Everyone changed I couldn't help but look at the concerned worried faces of them all, one girl stood out the most so young I'd say no older than seventeen!.

"Follow me" shouted the woman in which we all chose to do without causing any trouble, the girl from earlier had been carted off by two guards I did not want to risk being punished so i did what I was asked too. We followed the lady into the next room which had two units set up with two plastic tables, Ten chairs and four single beds.

"Tomorrow we have a very busy day, make sure you get plenty of rest". "Excuse me" asked one of the girls "what is your name?", the stern woman looked over to the girl and smiled "My name to you ladies is Aunt Mabel, now get some rest". Just shortly after Aunt Mabel two guards came in one carrying a tray of waters, the other a tray of sandwiches enough for one each. For a while no one moved then gradually one by one we each Ed helped ourself to a cheese sandwich and water. That night we took it in turns to have a couple hours sleep in the beds as their was only four and twenty girls. Not that I could sleep but I have me some comfort just resting my head on the pillow, listening to some of the girls conversations of why we had been brought here, what they think will happen next, a couple trying to come up with a plan to try to escape, i said nothing! I just laid there thinking of my children and husband.

Hi guys,
My name is Marie and this is my second book that I've wrote, what do you all think so far? I'm going to try and update this as much as I can least two/three chapters a week as long as I don't get a block! If your enjoying leave a Comment, don't forget to vote ❤️ x