11

12x09
The Sound of Silence

"This is killing me!" Maggie cried, her head out the window, "We have not moved in ten minutes!" She climbed back into the car, "I swear that bumblebee has passed that car twice already. It passed us, it circled the Earth, and then came back around to pass us again."

"Yeah, because we left late becauss you overslept." Alex quipped back.

"I think if we had gotten up in time, we would've still been caught in the traffic, Alex." Ophelia pointed out.

"Not fun when you're driving and someone makes you late." Meredith said to him, laughing.

"If you want to stay up all night screwing around with some dude, I don't care, till you spend all morning complaining about it in my car." Alex told her, ignoring Meredith.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Maggie told him.

"We share a wall."

"So move out! Nobody told you you could crash in Amelia's room, anyway!"

"OK, that's not Amelia's room anymore." Meredith said.

"Yeah, because you kicked her out." Ophelia scoffed.

The group watched as some firetrucks passed the car. "What is that? Two fire trucks?" Maggie asked.

"And three ambulances." Meredith said.

"That's got to be like a four or five-car pileup." Maggie said, sounding excited.

"Fifty bucks says a big rigs involoved." Meredith taunted, looking at Alex.

Maggie and Meredith both started to unbuckle their seatbelts and climb out of the car.

"Hey. Hey! That's not a good idea." Alex said, calling after them. He looked in his mirror at Ophelia who was looking like she was debating something, "Don't even think about it, Lopez."

Ophelia unbuckled her seatbelt and climbed out of Maggie's door, Alex shouting after her and ran after her sister and Maggie.

"Screw it." Alex said and followed after the three.

--------

"Keps! Could use another set of hands here!" Nathan shouted to April as they unloaded Ophelia's patient, who was screaming his head off.

"I'm on it!" The redhead yelled, following the gurney inside.

"We've been paging you for half an hour!" Owen said to Maggie as she climbed out of the ambulance.

"I've been a little busy." She reasoned.

"We got a 45-year-old male with a head lac, positive LOC on the scene. Also has abdominal head contusion." Meredith said as Warren unloaded her patient.

"I'd like to say it's not as bad as it looks, but..." the patient said, trailing off.

"Major pileup, multiple wounds." Maggie said, "A big rig flipped. Bigger mess."

"It was so cool, Pen, you should've seen it." Ophelia said to Penny, who laughed and shook her head.

"Do you think he has any intra-abdominal injuries?" Penny asked Meredith.

"Well, there's one way to find out." Meredith said, and the team of Ophelia, Meredith, Penny and Warrne wheeled Lou inside.

"A bony deformity in the tempiral region." Meredith said whilst they were taking Lou's ultrasound, "Five cm head lac."