12

12x10
All I Want Is You

(I have no idea how burns/burn treatments work so please forgive me.)

Meredith honked the horn angrily, and Alex flung open the car door and climbed in beside Ophelia.

"Lay off the damn horn, will ya?" He told Meredith, "God, carpool sucks."

"Is Wilson coming?" Maggie asked, turning to face him.

"I think so." Alex said as he pulled on his seatbelt.

"What do you mean you think so?" Meredith asked, very confused.

"I can't... she's all over the place." Alex replied, "I don't even know why she let me back in the house. I mean, we barely talk, which is probably good because it's fewer chances I'll pisd her off again."

"That's pathetic." Meredith stated. Ophelia was staring out the window, zoned out.

"What's her problem?" Alex asked, talking about Meredith.

"She's... in a mood." Maggie deducted.

"Still?"

Meredith honked the horn again, and Jo flung open the door beside Alex. "I said to tell her that I needed a minute." She told him, forcing him to move over into the middle, squashing Ophelia.

"Hey, Alex, personal space!" She cried.

"Sorry, Oph." He apologised, trying to give her more room. He turned back to Jo, "You didn't tell me that."

"Yes, I did. You didn't listen."

"So done with carpool." Meredith said cheerfully. She pulled out of her parking space, and the five were on their way to the hospital.

--------

"Incoming. Twenty minutes. Chest pains." April said, hanging up the phone at the ER nurses station and turning to Hunt and Ophelia who were standing side-by-side opposite her.

"I'll take it. Page cardio. Anyone but Riggs." Owen said before Ophelia could claim it, walking off to the doors.

"Page Riggs." Bailey ordered.

"He just said..." April tried to reason.

"I can hear."

"You know that Dr. Hunt punched Dr. Riggs." April pointed out.

"Do you really want another physical fight between your doctors?" Ophelia asked the chief.

"The only way they're gonna learn to work together is if they work together, so any cardio consults that get paged to the pit, you page Riggs."

"You know this is my one happy place right now?" April asked her, "Please don't make it a crappy place."

"Oh, Kepner, I feel you. I do. Page Riggs." Bailey said, picking up her charts and walking off.

"I think I'm going to cry." Ophelia told April, walking around the nurses station and leaning her head on April's shoulder.

"Me too, Oph, me too." April said, wrapping her arms around the Latina woman.

Not much later, Ophelia, April and Owen were outside waiting to greet the ambulance that was bringing them their patient when Riggs joined them.