The Cupcake

It was Grandma Rosiepuff's 70th birthday. She had baked 26 cupcakes for her five grandsons before she went out to party with all her friends.

She left John Dory in charge of his younger brothers while she was out for the night.

It wasn't as easy as she said it would be for him to watch them.

Each of the boys had eaten five cupcakes within three minutes. They shoved one down their throats at a time and immediately went for another.

But there weren't twenty-five. There were twenty-six.

One lone cupcake vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting was in the middle of the giant tray, which could hold up to thirty.

They all stared at it with bulging eyes and they started drooling.

They didn't say a word for ten minutes as they just kept staring at it.

John Dory broke the silence.

JD: So, who's gonna eat it?

Floyd: I guess... I will because I didn't have breakfast this morning—

Floyd reached for it, but then Clay smacked his hand.

Floyd: EXCUSE YOU! 😠

Clay: Shouldn't I eat it because I didn't eat much for dinner? All I had was one slice of pizza—

Spruce: THAT'S BECAUSE YOU WERE WAITING FOR THE CUPCAKES!!!

Clay: RUDE!

Spruce: YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S RUDE—

Clay: EXCUSE ME!? 😡😡😡

JD: Let me have it. I'm the oldest and I can do wh—

Clay: NO! IT'S THE MIDDLE KIDS WHO CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT!

Floyd: NO IT'S NOT! IT'S THE SECOND YOUNGEST!

Spruce: SECOND OLDEST, YOU DORK!

Then they started wrestling each other. Clay jumped on top of JD and tried to pin him to the ground. Spruce then took Clay off of him and whirled him around like he was twirling a necklace in the air.

Clay: AYYYYYYYYOOOOO, GO A LITTLE EASYYYYYYYYY 😵!!!

Spruce threw him down on the table hardly. Floyd held Branch close so he wouldn't hit him.

Bitty B started laughing and snickering at Clay while in Floyd's arms.

Clay: WAS THAT NECESSARY, SPRUCE!? 😡😡😡

Floyd: GUYS, STOP—

Suddenly Floyd had to sneeze. He held it in as long as he could.

Until he couldn't help it anymore.

JD: Okay, guys. *stands up* I don't think we should fight over it. How about we leave it for Grandma?

Clay: But she's probably eating a bunch of cake and cookies outside right now!

JD: But still it's her birthday, so let's leave it there. Nobody touch—

Floyd: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CHOOOO!!!

He sneezed all over the last cupcake 🎂.

Spruce, Clay, and JD: FLOYD! 😡😡😡

Floyd: Sorry 😳😬.

Spruce: YOU SNEEZED ON THE LAST CUPCAKE!

Floyd: I couldn't help it! 😩😩😩

Suddenly Bitty B jumped on top of the table where the last cupcake, now dirty, was still sitting on.

Clay: NOW NOBODY CAN EAT IT BUT YOU BECAUSE YOU SNEEZED ON IT!

Floyd started tearing up.

Floyd: I SAID I COULDN'T HELP ITTTT!!! 😭😭😭

Branch suddenly grabbed the cupcake and smiled at his older brothers.

They just stared at him as the little troll grabbed a wet napkin.

JD: Well, how sweet! He's gonna clean it up for—

Branch shoved the cupcake in his mouth and swallowed it whole like a snake would. He had chocolate frosting all over his face.

Bitty B: I want mowe cake! 😃😃😃 *wipes the frosting off his mouth with the napkin*

That's how he said "more" 😂😂😂.

Clay: HE—

Spruce: EWWWWWWWWWW, HE ATE IT AFTER FLOYD SNEEZED ON IT!

Spruce ran to the trash can and threw up.

Floyd: *sniffs* WAAAAAHHHHHH!!! 😭😭😭

JD: Well, someone had to eat it.