Part 1 - Falling

You laugh, and playfully shove your friend, Quinn.
"Seriously, [Y/N]! That guy was totally checking you out." He teases.
You and him had decided to go to the skating rink after work, and had ended up staying longer than you planned.
So, Quinn insisted on walking you home.
You two met at work; it was a usual minimum wage fast food job.
If you're going to be honest, it was sad. You had been struggling with depression for a while.
The only reason you got the job was to support your grandma, who was sick.
Your dad stayed with your grandma while you were at work, fighting with his own work-from-home job.
So yeah, your life wasn't that great.
That was before you met Quinn.
He was a rookie, and you were assigned to teach him the basics.
He was a little taller than you. Caramel skin, and he had black hair with dyed red bangs.
His eyes almost looked gray.
He was from Spain, you remember being shocked at his heavy accent.
Ever since that day, you actually looked forward to going to work.
Quinn was definitely extroverted. He always knew how to cheer you up.
Today, some guy at the skating rink kept looking at you. Quinn noticed, and wouldn't leave you alone about it.
"I'm telling you, he was looking at your ass." You retort.
Quinn snorts, amusement glowed in his eyes, "Yeah, right."
However, when you turn a corner, Quinn stops.
"Quinn?" You look questioningly at your friend.
"Do you know what that building is?" He points at an abandoned-looking building.
"Um... some pile of junk?"
"No, [Y/N]! That's the house of horrors!" He looks at you and whispers with dramatized fear.
You blink, deciding to play along, "Uh-huh, and what makes it the house of horrors?"
"Well, they say anyone who goes in there disappears without a trace...!" He wiggles his fingers at you.
You scoff, "Yeah, that's just a rumor."
"Oh, but it isn't!"
You look at him, and raise your brow, urging him to continue.
"Some girl went missing in there. Stella Hawksley, you didn't see it on the news?"
You do briefly remember hearing about the last name Hawksley on the news a while ago, but you didn't really pay attention to what it was about.
"I think so." You reply.
"That was her! She was drunk with her friends, and they dared her to go in. She got on FaceTime with them, and went in. According to the group, after a while, the FaceTime glitched out, and before it did, it looked like she fell. They sent the cops in there, but they couldn't find her. Just her phone."
"Whatever, they were drunk! That group probably murdered her or something and is trying to cover it up."
"Seriously? You think a group of drunk teenagers could come up with a plan like that? Let alone kill someone and get away with it!"
You roll your eyes.
"You don't believe me?"
"No! There's no such thing as ghosts or ghouls."
"Then go in there."
You snap your head to him, wide-eyed, "Why would I do that?"
"Oh, I thought there's no such thing as ghosts!"
"Yeah, but I didn't say there was no such thing as a crazy homeless man!"
"I'll give you $45 if you go in there."
...
Fuck.
You groan, "Fine. Only because I need $45."
"Oh shit, you're actually doing it?"
"Yeah, man! But if I get killed, it's your fault."
He puts his hands up defensively as you reluctantly walk towards the building.
You pull out your phone, and turn on the flashlight.
Taking a breath, you look back at Quinn.
He waves, and gives a thumbs up, mouthing: "Be careful!"
You smile, and roll your eyes.
Hesitantly, you trudge into the building.
It's dark, and empty.
Like, really empty.
You feel a shiver run down your spine.
Your phone's flashlight isn't doing any good, only lighting up barely 10 inches in front of you.
As you walk through the building, you start to get the feeling that you've been there before, but you know you haven't.
Everything inside of you is telling you to get the hell out of there, so you head towards the exit.
However, before you can get to the door, you feel yourself fall...
And fall...
And fall more...
You're falling through air?!
You let out a breathless cry for help, before you black out.

Howdy
It's been a WHILE.
I missed this camera-headed fella so much you don't even know
School has been eating my ass and it was stressful as shit
But now school is over and it's summer break🔥 SO NOW I HAVE TIME FOR AIDEN 🔥
I haven't really got too far in this rewrite but I decided to post the ones I have now to make up for the time I've been gone
Just wanna thank all of you that stayed despite me being gone for 4 whole months, I really do appreciate it and it means so much to me.
Have fun re-reading!
Or if you're new, have fun reading!