Chapter VI: The directions

Anne handed me a letter.

"It's for you, Dienne."

I took the letter, wondering who would have written me a letter. I never got any mail so this was very particular.

"From the Central Jail of the country to Ms. Smith"

The jail ?!?

The letter was firmly taped closed with a lot of tape. I suppose it's very very confidential. I slowly opened carefully, giving small confused looks at my sister.

To my big surprise, the letter almost had nothing written on it:

Central Jail, area A2,

Big red tree,

Back wall door code: 391839

Cameras: deactivated 2100-3000h

Aeration tube 400m floor

Hidden ladder: 50 m-wall, 5cm digging.

Aeration protection: unlocked: push.

Turn left, right, straight for 500 meters.

Cell 106.

Destination reached.

I stared blankly at the letter in my hands, confused by the fact it had plenty of numbers and directions, not understanding what that was all about.

I turned to look at Anne and she seemed to have understood. I could tell by her little side smirk.

A few seconds went by before she explained:

"Those are the specific directions to go find your little friend."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I walked closer to Anne and grabbed her shoulders, not believing what I had in my hands.

Who would send this? Is this another set up? This seems too good to be real..

Or maybe... karma is finally doing its magic?

"Is this real?" I said as my eyes sparkled with happiness and hope. I never felt so happy until now. I could finally help out my friend, to whom I failed to keep my promise.

This is my chance to fix everything again and I won't let it slip out of my hands.

Anne grabbed my head and pulled me closer to her with a wide smile. It seemed sincere. It's been long since I saw that smile, that radiant smile that gives good energy and happiness to the people around.

"The operation is today. We are going to get your friend back. This nightmare will soon be over!"

"Over in what sense," I should've asked.

"Thank you so much, Anne, for helping me !" I said, hugging her tightly.

It had been long since something this awesome had happened ! I can't believe it, today, I'll get to see Max again, and even if it implies I have to sneak in jail illegally. I'll do whatever it takes to make everything right again.

"Dienne, I got an escape plan to get you both to safety, you have to focus on getting your man out of there alright?"

I chuckled softly as she said "your man". I don't know if it was the nervosity or the happiness, but I was acting all weird, as if my body couldn't handle that much happiness and I didn't know how to express it.