In Your Eyes

Matthew led the siblings up to the front door. They shifted nervously, and got closer to him, when they noticed the two, big, muscular guys standing on either side of the door. Both of them crossed their arms as the group came to a stop in front of them.

"This is new. Not only are you here extremely early, but you've brought guests," said the bronze-skinned man standing on the right. His voice was deep and somewhat gravelly. He ended his sentence with a bit of a growl. Nate let out a little squeak as he ducked behind Matthew.

The Indian fellow on the left let out a snort. "Wait, did you bring me a mouse for dinner, Matthew?"

Matthew scoffed. "As if, you wouldn't be able to survive on a measly little mouse, you'd need a zebra ... but don't tell Tevin that." He winked.

The two guards roared with laughter.

"More like an elephant, but don't tell Andrew that," quipped the Indian.

Matthew scoffed. "I don't have to, he overheard you."

"What?" The two bodyguards turned. An Asian man was walking towards them.

He took off his glasses and wiped them with his shirt. "Tell me what?"

The two guards blinked, glanced at each other, and then at Matthew. He shot them a toothy grin. The Indian grabbed him and wrapped his arm around his neck. Hannah let out a shriek, right before the Indian proceeded to use his knuckles to rub Matthew's head.

"You're annoying, you know that?"

Matthew laughed as the Indian let go and gave a bow. "But it's why you love me. It's all ..."

The Indian waved his hand. "Yeah, yeah, yeah ..."

"All part of the Matthew Bleu charm," the two chorused.

Andrew cleared his throat. "So, um, Matthew, who are your guests?"

"Oh! Right! Brown siblings, these two enthusiastically charming guards are Michael Sands and Austin Gold. And Mr. Glasses is Andrew Steel. Fellows, this is Nate, Christopher, and the ever so lovely Hannah Brown."

"Ever so lovely, huh? You must be quite enchanting to have caught the eye of Matthew Bleu," Michael said with a smirk, before lifting her hand to his lips. "Then it is a pleasure to meet you. Consider me at your service." He gave her a quick bow.

"Hey," said Matthew. He shook his finger at him. "She's my date. Hands off. Don't make me fight you for her."

Nate cleared his throat nervously. "Are you sure about this, Matthew? He looks like he could turn you ten ways to Sunday."

Matthew shrugged. "He technically could, but his wife will turn him twenty ways to Sunday first." He placed his hands on hips. "Especially if he was flirting with another woman."

Michael scoffed. "Please, I'm not flirting with her, and you know it. I will beat you up for her if you break her heart."

"Oh! Like Steven would!" Nate exclaimed.

Michael blinked. "Who's Steven?"

"Our eldest brother. He went out with his wife," replied Christopher. "Otherwise, he would be here with us."

"He would probably be shooting daggers at Matthew with his eyes all night long," Nate snickered.

"Then I'm glad I got just you two. He'd probably ruin all the fun."

"Then I shall take the place of Steven tonight." Michael glanced at Matthew and glared.

Christopher chuckled nervously. "Actually, I prefer that you didn't. Steven is a, ah, um, a special case."