Ch. 2: Back Home

(Hello Z28... And goodbye. )

"We . . . are back"

The Azur Lane fleet has arrived at their base. A lot of ship girls were waiting for their Commander to come back, waiting for the news about the situation of the patrol fleet.

The fleet docks itself at the base, and the Commander and the rest of the ship girls immediately move at a quick pace to the Infirmary instead of greeting the waiting ship girls at the dock.

"Belfast, you and the retrieval fleet will go retrieve the sunken ship girls. We can't wait for too long or else we won't be able to save them." [Cmdr AL]

"As you Command, Commander." [Belfast]

"Commander!"

Halfway through their walk, a ship girl call the Commander. The Commander stop at their track to talk to the ship girl that called them.

"Belfast, go first."

"Alright Commander"

"Hornet!" The Commander called out Hornet from the crowd of ship girls.

"Yes, Commander!"

"Guide the other ship girl to the Infirmary."

"On my way!"

Commander then face the one that called.

"Cleveland, what is it?"

"Commander, how was the battle against the siren? Did it go well?" [Cleveland]

"Yea, did it go well??" [San Diego]

"Well, we manage to drive them off,"

"So you guys must have won the battle! But why do Prince of Wales and Prinz Eugen look so hurt? Did something go wrong?" [Cleveland]

"No no no, the enemy fleet was just very strong that it troubled them both."

Z23 who was just watching, finally spoke up.

"Kommandant . . . Do you know where Z28 is? I didn't see her leaving the ship." Z23 Ask the Commander, wanting to know where her sister is.

"Z28 . . . She is. . ."

"Commander, may I also know where Hammann is?" Suddenly Yorktown came out from the crowd, going to the Commander while in a wheelchair.

"Yorktown! What are you doing? You shouldn't leave the Infirmary, you're still not in good condition."

"I just want to know how Hammann's condition is, is she fine?"

"She..."

The Commander is troubled to tell the truth about the fate of the patrol ship girls to them both.

While the Commander is thinking about what to say, Cleveland notices that Belfast leaves the base once again, but not alone.

'Isn't that the fleet that is used for... Wait?!'

"Commander! What happened to Z28 and Hammann? Why does Belfast leave the dock WITH the retrieval fleet?"

"The retrieval fleet?!" Z23 turned her head toward the Commander. "Kommandant, tell me what happens to Z28!" Z23 inquired the Commander, feeling anxious about what possibly happened to her sister.

"Commander... Please don't tell me..." [Yorktown]

The crowd of ship girls is getting worried about what happened to the Patrol ships.

"...They did their duty with a fantastic job."

". . .? . . . !" Some ship girls realized what that means, including Z23 and Yorktown.