Three Old Ladies Knit The Socks Of Death

Three old ladies knit the socks of death

Grover made an odd face, "Huh?"

"It's Percy's mind, we don't know what's going on but it's always weird." Nico said.

"Hey!"

"Okay, okay, not everything is weird."

I was used to the occasional weird experience, but usually they were over quickly. This twenty-four/seven hallucination was more than I could handle. I'm convinced Lytta (goddess of mind-rage and insanity) is torturing me.

"I would think it was Achlys." Annabeth said.

Percy's eye twitched and he took a deep breath, "She said she liked Nico, were you not listening?"

For the rest of the school year, the entire campus seemed to be playing some kind of trick on me. The students acted as if they were completely and totally convinced that Mrs. Kerr-- a perky blond woman whom I'd never seen in my life until she got on our bus at the end of the field trip had been our pre-algebra teacher since Christmas.

"Was it someone on standby?" Chiron asked.

"Yeah, a daughter of Athena, I think."

Every so often I would spring a Mrs.Dodds reference on somebody, just to see if I could trip them up, but they would stare at me like I was psycho. Naturally, I almost started to think so too.

Hazel and Frank laughed, "I can imagine it was worse when you lost your memories?"

Percy joined in, "So much, I had no idea who I was! And Nico lied to me!"

"I was protecting information."

"Oh yeah? Like what." Jason said, "Because losing my memory was in no sorts of fun."

"I was trying to prevent a war between the Greeks and Romans, if the Greeks found about the Romans when I did it would be chaos."

Almost.

But Grover couldn't fool me.

Most of the demigods laughed, "Seriously! You can't lie to anyone!" Annabeth said.

"To be fair Percy's hard to lie to."

"What do you mean?" Luke asked.

"It's like he can tell when you're lying to him by his facial expressions."

"Did I bless you or something? You said you were a descendent of Trivia, do you know if you're a descendent of any other god or goddess?"

Percy thought about it for a while, "I don't think so, I've always been able to tell if someone was lying, but on some occasions I've not been able to tell if they were lying, so I don't think you blessed me or are related to me outside of Zeus and Ma. It could be me just reading people well or because I've lied a lot before and in some cases after i found out I was a demigod."

"What did you lie about?" Hermes asked.

Percy shrugged, "I'll tell you and Apollo later."

When I mentioned the name Dodds to him, he would hesitate, then claim she didn't exist. But I knew he was lying.

"You need lessons." Luke said, laughing.

Something was going on. Something had happened as the museum.

"Obviously." Annabeth said.

Something magical. I didn't think it was a coincidence it happened in the Greek and Roman section either.