"Scared" [ONESHOT]

This includes: Angst
Taehyun is in the middle of an extreme existential crisis. And Soobin is there to soothe him.
Takes place before Everlasting Shine era.

Warning ⚠️: this oneshot involves the heavy theme of existentialism. If themes such as mental crisises trigger you, I suggest for you to click off.
-

🎶: 'Lonely (ft. Taeyeon)' by Jonghyun

Taehyun was sick.

Not sick in the sense of with a cold, or a fever, no no no, thankfully not that.

But he was sick.

In his heart and mind.

The past few days, Taehyun has been going through an existential crisis. He had no idea how it started.

He was just innocently watching a movie with his members, laughing and smiling along as it was a comedy.

When suddenly, he started to wonder and question life's existence.

He wondered how it'd be if life itself, this very moment, his members, and everything around him, just— wouldn't exist.

Taehyun's smile dropped, and he started to feel extremely tense and anxious on the inside. He moved closer to Beomgyu, who was surprised at the pink haired boy's sudden clinginess.

"You okay Taehyun?" he asked.

"Yeah. Just cold."

He couldn't lie it was chilly.

But he didn't want to worry Beomgyu with the thought he just had.

It's just one thought, right? It will go away, just like all of his thoughts.

Well, Taehyun was wrong with that.

Very wrong.

Those thoughts did not go away in the span of the same day. They stayed the next day, the day after that, and the week after that.

They were driving him nuts.

It wasn't so much that he had that curiosity. It was the damn side effects that bothered him the most.

He would feel like the ground would collapse, and that was just great, especially since they're practicing day and night their choreo for Drama. He can't count the number of times he tripped over his feet and bruised his elbows and knees so badly that he could barely walk back to their dorms.

His heart would beat so fast out of his chest that he would feel dizzy, and sometimes like throwing up.

Oh yeah.

Food.

Taehyun could barely swallow one piece of bread down for breakfast, let alone a whole lunch. Most of the time, he was just poking around his dumplings or tteokbokki or ramen, and did not want to eat it.

When the members, specifically Yeonjun, wanted to know why he wasn't eating, he would smile at them and say: I'm just not so hungry right now.

He didn't want to worry them.

After all, he wants to keep remaining as their strong and mature Taehyun, who doesn't let things bother him.

However, it wasn't long before the members, or specifically, Soobin, noticed that something was wrong with one of their maknaes.

And that was the day when they were practicing Drama, three days before their Japanese EP would drop.

Taehyun was slacking even more on the choreo, as the thoughts were nowhere near giving him a break.