"Two for the Past" [ONESHOT]

This includes: Angst, Fluff
He had met him before.
But in another lifetime.
What happens when Soobin and Taehyun meet again, and discover who they once were?

A friendship anniversary gift for my dear friend txtnath 💞

-

🎶: 'Like Crazy' by Jimin

The tall sheaths of grass danced in the flowing wind, swaying elegantly and softly from side to side, creating a quiet rustling sound.

The sunlight gently caressed everything its rays touched, giving life and warmth to everything that was around.

In the far distance, down below the cliffs, the tidal waves of the ocean crashed against the shore, lingering on the already damp sand for a moment before rushing back into the sea, to come back again.

All this, it all created a peaceful setting for the two lovers laying in the meadow, side by side, simply looking at each other adoringly.

One had his fingers carding through the other's dark straight hair, while the other kept his palm on his bare waist, admiring him.

"My love," he whispered.

The other giggled in return.

"My prince."

Taehyun slowly opened his eyes as he stirred back to life, rising up from his sleep to sit back up.

An exasperated sigh left his lips as he placed a hand to his forehead, a disturbed look on his face.

I had that dream again.

That dream was one that kept showing up in his sleep every once in a while.

It was disturbing how... vivid the images were compared to his other dreams, like they were memories of the past rather than just a fraction of his nightly imagination.

And Taehyun was confused why this kept happening.

"Excuse me sir, would you like to have another drink?" the bartender cleared his throat, interrupting his train of thoughts.

The ashy haired young man in his early twenties stilled for a moment, before shaking his head in refusal.

"No thank you sir."

It didn't do much after all.

"Maybe later," he eventually replied again, wanting to be polite.

"Alright sir."

Taehyun nodded, hopping off the cushioned bar stool, fixing his all-denim outfit with a determined smile.

Right now, let's go dance.

Youth and Friendship Club was the right place for you if you were someone like Taehyun.

At least that's what Taehyun thought as he squeezed himself through the the crowd that had gathered in the main disco room.

Gosh is it packed in here.

And he thought nothing could be more crowded than the local tram he takes to go to college.

Where was I?

Oh right.

A description of Taehyun, and people alike in his age, would be this. Young, but not too young either, studying in college, barely keeping up the rent, in need of friends, or even a partner.