II

CHAPTER TWO !
⎯ ❛ another perspective ❜
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I hate her." Hyunjin grumbled while crossing his arms. "I hate her so much."

Hyunjin sat on the floor of Chan's room, ranting about his mother to him and Changbin.

"Why don't you move out already?" Changbin asked, flipping through a book he was currently reading.

"I'm trying," Hyunjin began with a sigh, "but my job isn't providing me with enough payment to get my own place." he said.

"Hmm.." Chan hummed, "and yet your mom doesn't believe you're doing enough to provide for her."

Hyunjin shook his head, his index finger rested on his forehead while his thumb rested on his temple.

"She keeps shaming me for not working hard enough while she stays at home and drinks all day taking her anger out on me." Hyunjin replied, "She doesn't even have a job and she's shaming me."

Chan and Changbin exchanged glances before looking at Hyunjin, their expressions laced with worry.

"Seems to me that you need a new support system." Chan said.

"And a new job." Changbin chimed in.

Hyunjin sighed while shaking his head. "I wish, but do you know how hard it is to find a well paying job here."

"I'm aware." Chan nodded. "However, that doesn't mean it's impossible. You can try the outside of town, or get an online job." he suggested.

"She would call me lazy again." Hyunjin sighed, referring to his mom.

Changbin sighed, turning to face Hyunjin. "You have to stop worrying about what your mom thinks of you and start worrying about yourself." he said.

Hyunjin lifted his head up to glance at Changbin with a bewildered expression.

"If you keep worrying about what she thinks of you, it's never going to get you anywhere." Changbin added. "You have to start being independent and ignore how your mother views you."

"You're an adult for crying out loud." Chan chimed in.

Hyunjin pressed his lips together. "Tsk, I can't help it." he mumbled. "She pressures me so much and if I try to ignore it, she notices too quickly. I can't escape it."

Hyunjin's gaze shifted as the room fell silent and he referred back to what his wish. To be in a world where he wouldn't have to worry ever again.

"Do you ever wish," Hyunjin began, catching Changbin and Chan's attention, "that we could live in a world where all of this wouldn't matter?" he concluded.

Again, Changbin and Chan's faces were laced with worry. They both glanced at Hyunjin.

Chan raised a brow, "Are you okay, Hyunjin?" he questioned.

"I'm alright, it was just a thought." Hyunjin spoke with a pause. "I'm gonna talk to you guys later, I have to go." he said while rushing to pack up his items.

"Wait! Hyunjin-" Chan yelled, his yelling coming to a halt after Hyunjin rushed out of Chan's room.

Chan sighed and glanced at Changbin who also sighed with him.

"I hope he's okay." Changbin mumbled, fiddling with his hands while glanced back at Chan who nodded in agreement with him.