Prologue: The Birth of a Brand New Day

In midst of his childhood years, Bastian Balthazar Bux has came across a story that changed his life forever. The Neverending Story. Reading the pages, he has connected with the character known as Atreyu, only to realize that he too had a part to play in the story. From different worlds, reality and story, Bastian and Atreyu formed an alliance to save the Childlike Empress from death, by giving her the name Moonchild. 

But in the midst of all of the chaos in the story, Fantastica was destroyed from the Nothing. However, hope remained as Bastian met the Empress face to face and gave him the wish to rewrite the world of Fantastica in his own image. Peace had been brought to the land, the Nothing was gone, and the people lived happily with no death raining upon them. 

It was the very last time as Bastian closed the pages, bringing hope to Fantastica. But during his final hours of old age, he held onto the book that changed him. In his dying breath on his death bed, he wished for those in the story, who made his life more happy and hopeful to share the same story as they did with him. Drawing his final breath, the book glowed and showered upon the planet of Earth itself. 

Feeling the loss of a friend, Atreyu visited the resting place of Bastian, thanking him for not only help saving the Empress, but also changing his life too. He vowed and promise to give those moments of hope and happiness to the planet he loved dearly and protect it. It took time, but over the years, Atreyu has adapted to modern society, while also adapting himself in new ways of combat.

This is his own story. This is Bastian's Legacy. This story is about a promise to an old friend. The Story of the Chosen One, Atreyu Balthazar.

-----

A MightyChance Fanfiction

おとぎ話を超えて

Voices

Colleen Clinkenbeard / Natsuki Hanae: Atreyu

Dawn M. Bennet / Miyuki Sawashiro: Empress Luna Moonchild

Cristina Vee / Kana Hanazawa: Lucy

Dan Green / Hideyuki Tanaka: Falkor

Alejandro Saab / Toshihiko Seki: G'mork

Crossovers