blurb #1

The hype of arriving back in OBX after the adventure in Charleston was invigorating. John B couldn't believe he was actually standing in front of his house in one piece, alive, after everything that happened. He was so glad to be home, to be back with you and all of your friends.

Standing in front of the chateau, John B could tell something was weird. He was already confused why you weren't in Charleston with the rest of the Pogues but the site of the dark house sent a chill down his spine. Even if you were at work when they left, you always left the porch light on. No matter what.

"Where's Y/N?"

His question silenced the group as they hesitated to answer him. He turned towards his best friends, the worry in his chest escalating with each heavy minute. "Where's Y/N? Where's my sister?" He repeated to coax an answer out of them.

"John B..." Kie mumbled his name, unsure of what exactly to say. I mean, how do you tell someone who just came back from supposed death that their only family remaining is being held captive by two murderers.

"JJ?" John B looked towards the blond in question, knowing he would answer if Kiara didn't.

The Maybank boy let out a small wince when his name was called. He knew he would have to tell John B at some point what happened after the ship disappeared in the ocean waves, but he was grieving and to be honest, JJ was exhausted. He had lost two of his best friends since childhood within the same day. He had felt like the weight of the world was on his shoulders for so long and seeing John B lifted a ton of that, but the load doubled with the question directed at him.

"Um," JJ took a deep breath. He avoided having to recount the night that you were taken from his arms. You probably hated him, shit, he hated himself for letting you just go back without any kind of fight, but at the time, he thought it was the best option.

Since then, JJ, Kie, and Pope had barely given up trying to see you. It was hard to get near the Camerons, especially after their added defense from the public eye. JJ knew something was wrong. He always did, but they had to figure out the best course of action on what to do next. Now that John B was here, JJ felt like they had a fighting chance.

"She's... with the Camerons still," He finally answered. The dread on John B's face was evident as the words sunk in. His sister, his baby sister who he swore to take care of and protect after their dad disappeared, was with the man who tried to kill him. The man who killed their father.

"She's at my house?" Sarah's voice cracked with the question, fear instilling itself in her chest as she thought of you, alone, with her dad and brother. She could only hope Wheezie was there to provide you some sort of comfort in the chaos.

JJ nodded slowly, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "We haven't seen her since the night you guys dipped into the ocean."

"But we're close!" Pope interjected with a positive outlook. "And actually, now that Sarah's here, we might have a shot at this." He turned towards Kiara and JJ with a hopeful expression. It was true, they had a plan ready to go but it would need some reinforcement.

"Let's do it. Now," Sarah was pushing John B through the front door of the chateau in seconds, guilt gnawing at her for how out of control this all was that her boyfriend's sibling was dragged into it.

John B felt warm with comfort at the sight of his childhood home, cleaned up as you would've left it. You were always up his ass about doing better and watching out for both of you. Now, it was his turn to care for you.

He easily noticed the papers scattered across the counter with different layouts of the Camerons' house including all entry points, windows, and lights. "What the hell..."

"I did some digging." Kiara admitted with a shrug. "Sarah, if you can show us where the cameras are, that's all we need. JJ can go in and get her tonight."

John B turned to face his girlfriend, a pinch of nerves running through his body if she would want to, if she was able to. Sarah gave a determined nod, pulling the papers from under John B's fingers as she grabbed a pen. "Let's get her back."