5. Family Game Night

I've seen my fair share of food disasters.

Majoring in Culinary Sciences tends to make you experience that much more than you would like.

My first year in college I enrolled myself in a beginners culinary course. Don't get me wrong, I knew how to cook. Ever since I was young I would watch the cooking channel and try to replicate the recipes, even going as far as creating my own, but I lacked any and all real technique. I went into the beginner's course expecting every other student to have the same passion for creating food as I did.

Boy, was I freaking wrong.

Spaghetti that tasted of char and ketchup. Fritters the consistency of cotton. Rice that was so hard it could be used as a baseball for the world's hardest hitter and not crack. One kid even set his blender on fire, the poor machine melting halfway before the instructor managed to put out the flame. The blender's carcass was now joined with the rest of the culinary failures in the trophy case of what not to do next to the professor's office.

It was that nightmare of a class that I met Minho.

He originally sat behind me, allowing me to hear and laugh at every comment he had to say about the other students, my tablemate in particular, as he was lucky enough (and late to class enough) not to receive a partner. It wasn't until my partner managed to land a good sized cut on my hand (I still don't know how, he was supposed to be on the other side on the counter) that he decided the two of us needed to stick together so we wouldn't "die to the hands of the idiots". From then on we were tablemates, and we never switched to work with any of the others. It's not like our professor cared. She was too busy putting out blender fires.

A year later Minho asked me if I would like to work at his family's cafe with him. I agreed, knowing I could trust him. What I didn't know was how absolutely loaded the sarcastic boy was.

He didn't lie.

The cafe was owned by his family.

In their long, long, long line of restaurant trains they owned and managed.

The cafe that I would be working in with Minho was fundamentally already his.

When Felix moved from Australia to live with Minho and his family in Korea, he quickly joined our little group of chefs. It wasn't long before I introduced the two to Chan. He automatically clicked with the younger Aussie boy and became good friends with Minho. Changbin and Han joined next, having been roped into our group by their roommates. Finally, Hyunjin was the last to join after he spilled Han's iced americano all over himself.

It's safe to say it took a little while for the two to warm up to each other.

At some points I thought they might kill each other.

Now they're good.

But they won't be.

Because I'm going to kill them.

"What....have you....done?"

"I know what you're thinking. We did not make a mess."

I stared in horror at the scene in front of me, feeling Minho stiffen at my side as he finally focused on the same scene.

"What is this supposed to be then?" Minho sassed.

"We made a masterpiece! Bet that your nonexistent Minecraft boyfriend can't do that!"

As Jisung spread his arms out proudly, I finally understood Minho's fascination with air fryers. I was going to kill Han Jisung.

I saw Hyunjin tug on the corner of the brunet's shirt sleeve with wide eyes. I can only assume he's picked up on the murderous looks Minho and I were giving them.