17. Outage

I woke up sick.

My head felt dizzy, though I wasn't moving, and when I breathed my breath came out in small sniffles. I went to shift my body, feeling sick to my stomach, when I felt the arms around my waist.

My eyes snapped open.

Chan's hands were around my waist.

I completely forgot about his need to hold something in his sleep.

And I was the something.

My back was to him, so I couldn't really see, but I could feel that he was close to me. My face grew hot despite the sickness I was feeling. Calm down calm down calm down. Chan's hugged you before. Chan's been close to you before, Chan's slept—

Nope. That didn't sound good, not going there.

I tried to move again, and a weird shock spread out through my entire body. It was tingling all the way to my fingertips, and I shivered despite it being warm. What was happening? Shock only really spread through my body when I'm in pain, but I'm not in pain, and it's usually all centered around....

My mark.

MY MARK?!?

My eyes looked down frantically to try and see the thing, but was only met with the sight of the blanket around my body. I was glad that Chan's arms hadn't trapped mine in his sleep as I carefully reached for the edge of the blanket, pulling it back to reveal what was underneath.

Chan's arms were wrapped solidly around my waist, hands crossing over my stomach. That, along with his steady breathing from behind me, made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

And then I looked closer.

Because there, right there at my waist, my shirt had ridden up, and Chan's arm was touching my soul mark.

     The soulmate pull.

So none of it was real.

Everything that I was feeling right now, was caused by the stupid mark.

I'm such an idiot.

I started to gently pry his arms away, but they wouldn't budge. They actually tightened for a moment, Chan letting out a small breath before once again relaxing.

     Fine.

Plan B.

     Forcing his arm up, I tugged my shirt back down over the scabbed soul mark just as Chan tightened his arms.

     And I suddenly felt like I would throw up.

I tried to untighten his arms.

     Why wasn't he letting go??

     PLAN C!

"Chan," I whispered. "Chan wake up!"

     Panic started to set in as Chan didn't budge, my stomach twisting and knotting with the pound of my head. I was going to be sick. This was exactly what I was afraid of.

     He was going to find out.

     My head pounded more.

     I reached to my side and shook his arm. "Chan—" I started, before I pressed my lips together and covered my mouth with my hand in an effort to stop the sickness I was feeling. Squeezing my eyes shut, I was scared that if I opened my mouth to speak, I would throw up.

      My stomach hurt. Everything about me was on fire. I struggled to kick the blankets off of the rest of my body. The combination of that and Chan's body heat at my back was too much. Actually, him being this close to me right now was too much. I started to curl in on myself, wanting the pain to stop, wanting this stupid sickness to go away.