CHAPTER 2

S6 E1 [PART 2]
WHAT IS LOVE?
______________

Andre was in the waiting area talking with Teri on the phone while his parents worked out their differences. He later watched his father carry his mother to a gurney.

"Dad, what happened?" Andre questioned, walking to the gurney's side to check on his mother.

Lucious explained "I heard your mother calling our name so by the time the time she fell, I caught her."

"Mom hasn't been feeling well since you left," Andre shared. "Teri mentioned she complained of headaches and nausea. When Teri asked if she's pregnant, Mom said it's probably menopause."

"I remember her experiencing those very same symptoms with our late daughter." says Lucious

"Yeah" Andre said as he remembered his mom telling the story when he lost his son.

When the doctor enters, she informs him that Cookie's blood will be drawn to determine the issue and that for now she be hydrated through the IV

As Cookie awakens, she softly says, "Lu."

As Cookie woke up, Andre called out, "Mom," relieved that she was conscious.

Lucious asked Cookie, "How are you feeling?"

Exhaling deeply, Cookie replied, "I feel exhausted."

Lucious remarked, "Cook, you need to take better care of yourself."

Lucious expressed concern, saying, "Just because you recovered from the heart attack doesn't mean you keep stressing out."

"Lucious, I have been taking care of myself, it's just that ever since we left Panama I haven't been feeling and I haven't had the time to schedule an appointment." said Cookie.

Before Lucious could respond, the doctor delivered the news

"Ms.Lyon, the results has come in and in these results, it has come to the fact that you are pregnant, congratulations." said Doctor Cynthia

"Wait What" said Cookie

"Not another Lyon cub. At least Hakeem will no longer use the excuse that it's because his the youngest" Andre joked

"I knew you were pregnant when Andre told me what going on, it reminded me when you found out you was pregnant with our daughter before you had miscarried" said Lucious

As Cookie takes in this information, she says, "I was thinking about that day but I couldn't accept the fact that I'm able to get pregnant."

Doctor Cynthia asked, "Would you like to do the ultrasound?"

"Yes" said Cookie and Lucious

"Bring in the ultrasound machine, please" said Doctor Cynthia

As she cautiously places the gel in Cookie's abdomen , Doctor Cynthia warns, "The gel will be cold. Be ready."

Cookie exclaimed, "Woo, that's really cold."

A picture appeared on the ultrasound machine when the doctor positioned the ultrasound probe against Cookie's abdomen.

"The baby is right here," the doctor gestured, showing them the ultrasound.

When Cookie and Lucious saw their baby on the ultrasound screen, she holds his hand and looks at Lucious.

"The baby is the size of a plum which means your 12 weeks" said Doctor Cynthia

Wow, Cookie said, "I didn't think I'd be this far along in my pregnancy."