Untitled Part 8

It's been about a month since the twins had been born, it was hard for Ian and Mickey to adjust but they managed. They had tons of help from both their families, Mandy was over just about everyday awning over her niece and nephew.

Mickey would always try to stop his sister from leaving with the babies. One night after Mickey had kicked his and Ian's family out he plopped down next to his husband on the couch. His beautiful redhead husband insistently wrapped his arm around his shorter dark-haired husband pulling him close, kissing his head.

In front of them were the twins fast asleep in their swings sucking on their pacifiers with light blankets over them. The two men still couldn't believe they had not one but two precious babies they could call their own.

"It still feels unreal, almost like a dream" Mickey says softly, almost afraid of waking the babies.

"I totally understand. They're so small and adorable" Ian agreed with his husband.

"We ain't having anymore for the time being, we got our work cut out for us"

"Would you want another baby?"

"I think about it but I still get afraid. I'm terrified now. What if... what if I'm not a good dad to them? What if I fuck something up and make a mistake?"

"Hey" The redhead gently turned his husband's face to him so they were looking at each other. "You will be an amazing father to them Mick, you already are. They're healthy and safe and they have both of us looking out for them. And so what if you make mistakes, nobody is perfect. We learn from our mistakes, everything we did as kids we know not to do again. I know that by taking my meds everyday I'm protecting you and the babies so I don't hurt any of you with my bipolar the way Monica hurt us. You know how to tone down the violence when protecting us. You're an amazing husband and father, we're so happy and glad to have you in our lives"

Leaning forward Mickey kissed his husband's soft lips, both men were holding each other's faces. A small cry had broken them from the kiss as they looked to see their son crying, Ian got up from the couch and went to make the bottles. While his husband was getting the bottles of formula ready Mickey gently picked up the little boy from the swing.

"What's the matter bud, hmm? Are you hungry? Papa's making your bottle"

MJ was whimpering as he opened his eyes and saw his father, Mickey held his son close to his chest and the baby boy cuddled into his father's chest. As he held his son he unstrapped Nova from the swing as she was waking up. He wasn't able to get her while holding his son, Nova had started to fuss in the swing.

Ian had returned with the two bottles of warm formula he passed one to Mickey and kept the other one, he bent down and picked up their little girl cradling her and started feeding her the warm bottle. Both babies were happily drinking their bottles as they laid in the arms of their loving fathers.

As they fed their babies the bottles the couple knew without a doubt raising children would be hard. It might be the hardest thing they've ever done but in the end it would all be worth it.