I am here for you

Everyone says Love can heal pain, and unhealed trauma but they never tell you it also hurts and brings pain far more significant than anything else...

I first met him when I ran away for a College party. Not because I was getting bullied or anything. But not to get suffocated by all those people. I went to the nearest park. This park is close to me since I visit it whenever I am on my way home. It's... refreshing. Put me at ease.

.
Nonetheless, I went in and sat beside the pond. There were some fireflies, the sweet scent of flowers and the sounds of grass moving. I didn't come here to enjoy the weather this time, I came here to stop everything...my breathing, my vision, my sense of smell. I came here to put an end to this suffering. I had a knife with me to finish everything.

As I was about to put a knife on my throat. I heard a rustle.

I hide that knife as fast as I could. Some random person is singing and walking towards my direction. I hide myself from his vision. That person sits close to me and is still singing.

Beautiful moon, guide the way,

Through the darkest hours, we'll stray.

Beautiful days, filled with light,

With your presence, everything feels right.

His voice was mesmerizing or it was the whole scenery that made things beautiful.

It was a night of the full moon, cold breezes were blowing, some fireflies surrounded him, a pond in between us, moonlight hitting his face and illuminating his face, his round glasses, and lastly no one else. no other sound.

He sang some sad songs. Then he sings some bright songs. But his voice contained pain... a lot of pain, like a person clinging to the last string of hope. Which gave me a chill through the bone.

It was going amazing but then I sneezed (why do I have to do that)... I was stunned by what just happened. He looks at me and he is paralyzed. He barely manages to make up a sentence together.

"Hi... H-How long have you been there and did you hear anything" he asks hesitantly.

I really wanted to say "since the beginning" But instead I tell him

"I didn't hear anything, I arrived a few seconds ago"

I try to hide my face in embarrassment, we both knew it was a lie, So I try to change the subject by asking How long he had been singing to which he replied "All my life, ever since I was able to speak I started singing"

Then he tells me that he is the caretaker of this park, which was a little surprising despite all my visits. He then asks me about what I am doing here at this place late at night.
I was not ready for this question. I didn't expect someone to be here at this hour. I didn't plan anything other than one thing. So I say while hesitating

"I needed some fresh air" "How about you what are you doing here"

He then stares at me for a few seconds then replies "What you expect from a caretaker, I was roaming around to see if everything was okay"

We had a conversation about different things... We talked about our hobbies, our favorite food and fruit, and what he does besides his job, life and plans.

He used to be a student at the same college as me but due to some circumstances he left and is now taking care of the park. He likes taking care of flowers and has his own personal collection of them. He doesn't have any plans aside from owning a Floral shop. I told him what I like and don't know what I want for my future.