Chapter 83

Hosted Novel
Chapter 83
Open menu
Miss Cousin is Always Busy (GL)
Chapter 83
Previous Chapter
Table of Contents
Next Chapter
Jun Zishu cooked the rice first, then washed and chopped the vegetables.

Yun Zizhou did not return to her room. Instead, she went to the kitchen to watch Jun Zishu chop vegetables.

"Your cuts are really neat, Sis," Yun Zizhou praised while helping Jun Zishu wash the vegetables. There were no cuts on her hands, so she had no problem touching water.

"Of course. I've practiced, after all."

When the rice was almost ready, Jun Zishu got ready to start cooking the meat and vegetables.

"Is your cooking delicious, Sis?" Yun Zizhou asked frankly.

"I think it's okay," Jun Zishu replied honestly. Her cooking was based entirely on her mood. It was sometimes bland, sometimes too salty, and sometimes perfect.

"Why don't I do it?" Yun Zizhou suggested.

However, Jun Zishu immediately shot down the girl's suggestion, saying, "You're a patient, so be good and take a seat on the sofa. Or are you that afraid of my cooking?"

"No, no. It's just that you've been working the entire day already, Sis."

"It's fine. I can still manage to cook a few dishes. Go and play with your phone on the sofa. I'll call you when I'm done," Jun Zishu said as she chased Yun Zizhou out of the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Yun Zizhou felt a little joyful when she saw Jun Zishu's actions, a hint of nostalgia appearing in her eyes.

When Yun Zizhou was still a teenager, she would often try to help out in the kitchen. In turn, her mother would chase her out of the kitchen in the same way as Jun Zishu did, the atmosphere in those times being warm and comfortable.

But later on...

Yun Zizhou squeezed the edges of her shirt as she sat down on the living room sofa.

People were biased creatures. After Yun Zizhou's mother found herself a new family, she favored her new husband over her daughter.

Yun Zizhou honestly hated that kind of feeling. However, she still did her best to play the role of a polite child.

Yun Zizhou knew that her mother sincerely liked her new husband, so she didn't object to the remarriage.

However, Yun Zizhou couldn't find herself to like her new step-father no matter what. Her new step-father showed no intentions of having a good relationship with her, either. Thus, after entering high school, Yun Zizhou started working part-time to pay her school fees and apply for scholarships. Then, once she earned enough capital, she returned all of the money her step-father had spent on her in the past.

Although Yun Zizhou had ended up receiving a scolding from her mother over her actions, she refused to relent. She did not wish to owe her step-father anything whatsoever.

Meanwhile, because of her tense relationship with her parents, it had been a long time since Yun Zizhou had experienced the feeling of eating under the same roof with someone close to her.

Around 15 minutes later, Jun Zishu called Yun Zizhou to come to the dining table while placing dishes onto the table: scrambled eggs with tomatoes, shredded pork with peppers, and fried water spinach. They were all dishes that didn't involve complex procedures.

After setting the dishes, Jun Zishu opened the rice cooker and filled a bowl of rice for Yun Zizhou.

"What are you looking at me for? Eat up," Jun Zishu said when she noticed Yun Zizhou staring at her without touching her chopsticks.