Chapter 2: Brothers

TW: Swearing ( if there are any others I missed let me know :) )

     Tommy wakes up the next morning to the sound of banging on his door. "TOMMY! WAKE UP! YOUR GONNA BE LATE TO WORK!" Tubbo shouts, still knocking. This was seriously giving him a headache, he thought as he got up to open the door, only to find Tubbo was no longer there. Huh, he thought as he walked to the kitchen, to see both Ranboo and Tubbo. Tubbo was sitting down with a bowl of instant ramen, while Ranboo was slowly falling asleep on the counter, looking like he was about to pass out. Tommy makes his way over to the other chair at the counter to see Tubbo pass him a bowl of ramen. "Here you go boss man, now hurry and get to work before I beat your ass," Tubbo threatened as his expression turned serious. No matter how much he's used to Tubbo's threats, it still sends chills up Tommy's spine. Tubbo was only about 5'6, but you don't want to underestimate him. He is strong for a short guy, and if you get on his bad side, he might murder you.

     So, afraid Tubbo might go with his threat, Tommy quickly finishes his ramen, stopping between bites to cool off his tongue. Going to the sink and putting his bowl in it, he turns around and quickly says bye to his friends as he leaves their apartment. He looks at his small phone, his phone isn't the best but it was the only cheap one they could afford. The time was 8:00 AM, meaning he still had an hour to get to his job. Perfect, he thought, his job was on the East side, meaning to get to his job fast enough he had to take the subway. In cases like this, he wishes that his power could have been super speed or teleportation, but he just has Power Mimicry. You must be wondering ''Tommy, what is Power Mimicry?'' Well, it's pretty easy to explain. Power Mimicry is the ability to mimic and copy the powers of others around him. This is down from touch or just absorbing the nearby energy signatures. He can mimic the psychic energy outputs, genetic structure, or superhuman physiology that enable abilities in other people. Unfortunately for him, he has to take the subway, because no one around him has some sort of teleportation power. Whenever Tommy has to take the Subway, he hates it. The ticket for riding is free, but it feels claustrophobic once you get in. Tommy sees drunk people, people who look sketchy, and kids with their parents. What it must have been like with parents, Tommy wouldn't know. Tommy hardly remembers his parents, they had sent him to foster care because they didn't want to have an Avian as a child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     When Tommy got to the Subway, he hated every second of it. Inside was somehow even worse, everyone was huddled together and you could barely squeeze by. Tommy was extra skinny from not eating that much, so he managed to press his way through the number of people to one empty chair right next to some sketchy man. The guy had fluffy brown hair with a beanie and round glasses on his face that were probably fake and dressed like some rich guy with a yellow sweatshirt and jeans. He looked like he was about to fall asleep which Tommy thought was impossible on the annoying loud Subway.

     The man must have noticed him staring because he looked up from the spot on the ground he was looking at and looked at Tommy with his eyes narrowed. Tommy's eyes widen as he looks away, cheeks flushed in embarrassment. The subway starts moving as the man clears his throat," what's your name, kid?" The man asks, and Tommy turns his head to him angrily. "I'm not a kid! Bitch!" Tommy yells at the guy, he realizes he said it a bit too loud as people stare at him, and he shrinks a little. The guy only chuckled in response, "Whatever you say, kid. My name is Wilbur and yours?" Wilbur asks Tommy as Tommy's face turns red. "Not a kid, and Wilbur is such a shit name, what was your father thinking?" Tommy responded, watching as Wilbur's face became red, from either embarrassment or annoyance. Wilbur's face turns back to normal a second later, "you would be surprised about what he named my brother" Wilbur says with a smirk not leaving his face. Tommy's amused face turned into confusion, what could be worse than the name Wilbur?