Shadows 👻

👻 Seeing Shadows started when I was just 13 years old, after my grandmother passed away my life deteriorated gradually and it was like a curse been placed over my head. I use to sleep in my own room but had to give it up when my grandfather came in, the bedroom my grandmother once slept in was like a ghost room nobody wanted to be in there and the third room was once my oldest sisters room that my mom and her husband stayed in.

👻My older sister decided to go stay with our Aunt because they saw that it would be best for her to be there since she was starting college soon and that I would be okay staying with my mom but man was they wrong. It sucked being the middle child because I went through the post pain and trauma and nobody wanted to address it.

👻I decided to stick it out cause I was not going to leave my mama no matter what happened in that house it's not like we had somewhere else to go anyways. The once family home was now just a emotional damage house they end up becoming a stranger to me. The house that I once loved I hated because even though I happy memories, I also had sad memories and no child should ever go through the emotional trauma that I experienced.

👻Fast forward through time my grandfather is this tall man that's At least around 6'5 and would casually walk through the house. My room was the living room in which was in the middle of the kitchen and once my old bedroom. My grandfather always stayed in the dinning room doing paperwork, reading or sometimes talking to my mom while another man stayed in the kitchen fixing food. I never thought to ask this man that I ever saw before who was he because in my eyes my grandfather got up to get something to eat.

👻I would cover my body half way to my head and watch to see if this man would turn around and after he was done he would turn around and walk out the kit h to the dinning room but never spoke a word. This constantly happened at 10pm, god how I hate that time because this man didn't know how to be quiet and I'm sure eating sandwiches everyday should of made him sick. I never spoke because I was too scared in which he was the same height as my grandfather.

👻One day I worked up the courage to speak and once this man I thought was my grandfather ignoring me was just a random figure who walked passed my grandfather at the same time as he was walking through to go to his room. My grandfather looked up and caught me staring and asked " red what's the matter", it took a while for me to register what was going on and I finally spoke I thought you was in the kitchen. My grandfather would then respond " no red this is my first time even coming this way, you sure you okay?". I didn't want to alarm him or have him thinking I was loosing my mind because my grandmother just died and I nodded my head and fell asleep.

👻The time went on and every night it was the same routine, 10pm hits and this random figure would appear in the kitchen and finished his food and walk off and my grandfather would walk in and go straight to his room. I never once told my mom about it cause I was scared she would send me off and I would never see her again so at 10pm every night I would turn over, pull the covers over my head, count to 30 and fall asleep.

👻As I got older I finally broke down and told my mom what happened and she looked at me and replied " He was the old owner of this house and passed away so that's most likely who you are seeing, it's okay cause I saw him too thinking it was my dad until I realize he was in his room but it's okay he's harmless". That was the best thing I ever heard from because seeing things and not being able to communicate is scary especially when you don't know how to express it. I started getting used to this friendly man making food and walking off, it was scary at first but when I realized he wouldn't walk towards me but away all the times I knew he wouldn't harm me and it made it easier for me to go to sleep. I can say now I miss that house but we had to move because my uncle threatened to kill all of us in the house if he didn't get the house and I lost majority everything and that's when I started creating my safe heaven.

👻Gradually seeing things got worse of the years, I always looked over my shoulder or would stare in one spot because I knew somebody was watching me. I hated it, I went from being around friendly shadows to encounter darker shadows and now I know it's connected to my depression. I see them in the corner of my eyes and when I take a deep breath and turn around they are not there that's when I started taking pain killers because if I'm sleep I can't see them or not that they are here, so numbing my body and my mind kept me from going insane.