•IV•

Quackity stood in amongst the crowd just as he had done the night before. He didn't know what exactly possessed him to come and watch the show, but something had.

He had been walking earlier in the day, to nowhere in particular. Or maybe his body just knew where he wanted to go more than he was aware of. But he ended up back outside the bar he was drawn into last night.

He stopped for a moment. His mind now clearer than it was the night before. But he got distracted quickly, stoping his thoughts from being able to wander.

Outside, plastered onto the wall was a poster. He had seen the dates and they matched with who was playing the night before.

So, he managed to find them via the internet. Curiosity continuing, he had found the list of all the upcoming dates they were to play. This venue was only a two-hour train ride away.

He had to justify for a while that two hours was a perfectly reasonable journey to make there and back again just for the sake of seeing a band he had only discovered the night before.

He didn't mind train rides, in fact it could be quite nice to just sit and watch the world pass by. But they were still expensive.

He had spent the whole time in silence feeling the carriage rock rhythmically from side to side as he leaned his head against the glass. He watched everything flick by. The houses, the trees, the rivers. His eyes darting back and forth to keep up with it all.

But now he stood there, the man on stage having called out to him. His mind raced; sobriety stronger than it was the night before. This meant the anxiety seeped through more tangibly. No longer a fog of unwanted uncomfort but instead a wave.

It had been embarrassing, being called out to in front of the mass of people, but not the bad kind of embarrassment. Just the kind that made him overly aware of his own presence within the room.

Besides, he reassured himself that no one else in the crowd had picked up on who exactly the man on the stage had been talking about.

It all felt so strangely unrealistic.

Everyone else in the room had probably forgot that had even happened. People just now slowly filtered out of the room.

But Quackity continued to stand in the same place as people walked around him. He felt tied to the floor against the natural flow of movement.

Before he could properly process what was happening around him, he noticed Wilbur stood back on the stage.

A few other people had noticed too, and they turned their destination back towards him standing up there. They took their chance to go and say hello.

He greeted them and smiled for photos and polite conversations. Quackity walked towards them all and Wilbur stopped and smiled at him as he did so.

"Come for a drink!" the man grinned as a greeting once he neared the stage. He had a wild glint behind his eyes. It was hard to tell if this came from the alcohol ingested or adrenaline of the performance.

Quackity stared up for a moment in slight disbelief. He hadn't even had a chance to say hello to this almost stranger yet and he was being invited out.

Wilbur took his silence as confusion and reiterated himself. "Well, you came all the way out here, come for a drink with us. If you feel like it."

The other people around slowly thinned out leaving the room to gradually empty out back to its normal capacity.

Quackity shrugged.

"Alright sure, why not." It was true he had made the journey all the way there. He was planning just to go straight back home afterwards anyway so why not have a little fun.

He didn't exactly remember the explicit events that had occurred the night before either, so he was looking forward to reinstating his first impressions.

Besides it wasn't like he needed to drive so he could let himself cut loose.

Wilbur held a hand out for Quackity to take. He stared for a moment.

"It's easier to just come up over the stage than to explain to you how to get round to the back." He leaned forward, arm still outstretched.

Quackity took it and pulled himself up with the help. He recognised the feeling of rough skin gripping tightly around his hands.

He was grateful he got up without embarrassing himself with his lack of athleticism. Well, he was decently capable but the step up onto the stage was quite high.

He looked back out across the room, and it was scary how the dimensions of the room seemed to shift. His stomach lurched forward. He couldn't imagine what it would feel like onlooking a sea of people too.

Quietly he followed Wilbur down the steps at the back of the stage and through winding corridors behind that. He pushed open a door leading with his shoulder and then held it open for Quackity to walk through. Which he did.

He recognised the three other people in the room to be the rest of the members of the band.

"Look who I found." Wilbur announced, strolling over to grab a bag from the corner of the room. "I never asked you for your name." he said flatly. "I apologise there, that was my mistake."

"Oh, it's no big deal. My name is Alex, but everyone calls me Quackity." He explained half awkwardly to the group of people now looking his way.

"Oh no it was a big deal. This goddamn idiot wouldn't stop going on about how much of a fool he truly is." The girl with the short hair chimed up. She seemed to spit her words which made them feel tangled with a slight cruelty.

Quackity laughed nervously, he wasn't too sure what she was referencing.

"Ignore her. She doesn't realise how much of a bitch she sounds right now." Wilbur huffed, shooting her a harsh glare.

He had shoved an assortment of items into his bag and zipped it up when it was half full.

Quackity was trying to ignore them, but it was hard when the other girl had started doing her own set of impressions.

"Oh, I'm so stupid, look at me." The one with the soft curls tried to keep composed through outbursts of giggles. "I don't know the name of the hot guy I just met how on earth will I cope. I didn't even get his number." She spun and swayed with overly dramatic arm movements to match the tone of her mocking voice.

Quackity couldn't help but feel the tips of his ears grow warm with embarrassment. It felt like they were poking fun at him indirectly already.

"Let's just go find somewhere to crash." The boy who had been sitting on the floor finally chimed into the conversation.

Finn got tired after they finished a show, and when he got tired his temper ran thin. As much as he would usually enjoy making a jab at their lead singer, he took pity on the new person. So, he swayed the conversation towards where they all wanted to have a drink.

The four of them usually liked to go and find somewhere to relax and unwind when they didn't have another big show the next day. Tonight was one of those nights.

Maybe it could be agreed upon that as a group they drank a little more often than could be deemed healthy... But they were young and living in the moment, who could blame them.

But no one had any good suggestions, they didn't know the area very well.

They could have very easily just stayed where they were, but it got a bit busy when people from the show they only just finished playing at decided to hang around. Then the casual sit down and drink and laugh for a while turned into a small scale meet and greet. And as fun as that would be, now was not the time.

(1364 words)

A/N

(sorry this chapter is a bit lame I've still been super busy and feeling a bit burnt out lately but it's half term next week so I'll have plenty of time to write more! also I promise things are gonna spice up a little bit soon~)