•V•

They had found a pub in short time. It was more the sort of place only locals went, so they got a few stares as they entered the room. But Wilbur marched onwards. He seemed adamant enough that he "liked the vibe" and wanted to stay. No one could argue.

"I'll get the drinks, go find a seat." Finn announced before turning the go to the bar.

He stopped for a moment. "I know what you all want, but what about you?" he pointed at Quackity.

"I'll just have a coke thanks." He wasn't in the mood to drink. To be often he hardly ever did. The night before had been a rare occasion following an unfortunate circumstance.

"C'mon you can get what you want don't worry about the price." Wilbur mused.

"Yeah, he never does. You should see the fancy shit he gets." Charley chimed in too. But Quackity shut them down with a shake of his head.

"Coke is fine thanks." No one pushed it any further.

The four of them made their way round to a quieter part of the building to find a seat. Quackity pulled up a chair to sit on as the other three slid onto one of the comfier sofa style seats.

It was a traditional style British pub. The lights were low but warm. Tables surrounded by chairs filled the room. It was quiet at the moment but easy to imagine the bustle when the place got busy.

The wood of the floor felt slightly tacky with every step, same as the surface of the table. But there was a nice feeling of familiarity behind it all.

"You're American, aren't you?" Wilbur leaned forwards to look at Quackity almost interrogatively.

"Well Mexican actually, but I've picked up the accent from living all over the place. I've lived here for 5 years though." He explained.

"Mexican? Eres hermoso." Wilbur smiled teasingly.

In reality he didn't know a lick of Spanish other than hello, thank you and how to count to ten. But he had gained the ability to flirt in almost any language. Pair that with confidence and it often came across well.

Quackity just rolled his eyes.

"Tu acento es una mierda." Quackity chuckled to himself.

"I said his accent was shit." He announced to the two other people at the table. They looked at each other knowingly and tried not to burst into laughter.

Finn interrupted the moment when he returned with the drinks for them all. He set them down on the table and took up the final seat.

Quackity felt a little awkward as he leaned to pick up his coke and slowly sip. The condensation from the glass dripped onto the table.

He sat in silence as the other conversed about nothing much.

-

Mei and Charley had wandered over to the ping-pong table. They were fiercely competitive.

Wilbur had wandered off too. he hadn't mentioned where he was going, probably just the toilet.

This left Quackity sat alone at the table with Finn. He had tried a few times to think of a suitable conversation starter but eventually just returned to sipping on his drink.

Only that he had drunk it all and now was just drinking the water from the leftover ice that slowly melted.

"He'll be outside having a smoke if you wanted one." Eventually Finn filled in the silence.

"Oh well I don't smoke so-" Quackity tried to rebut, but he got interrupted.

"Great, then you can go watch over him before he loses his mind." Quackity felt rude shutting him down twice, but he didn't feel like going outside either.