Chapter 5- The Blood Moon Sacrifice

My skin was itchy becuase of the dried tears. I looked to my side, to see if Archer was still beside me, and to my horror, he was staring right back at me with an arrogant look on his face. "Sleep well? Or did I not tire you out enough?"he said, taunting me. It made my blood boil inside."What happened Archie?" maybe it was weak to ask vunrable questions like this, but I just wanted to know.

"Don't you know, or are you just an oblivious woman?" He scoffed at my ignorance. "That bed that I pleased myself to you on, It was not ordinary. Underneath it were the Ancient moonstones that Celest left behind. Who ever completes the bond that they wish to have for eternity, should be granted it, if both parties gave their love to one another on top of the sacred stones." He summed it up, leaving me horrified.

How could he? He planned this all along? "If that's true, why couldn't you just wait untill I came to you willlingly?" Hacking up mucus, he proceeded to reply. "Tonight Celest , the Goddess of wrath and love herself, came out into the skies to grant our wishes herself, making them everlasting." When I failed to muster up something to say back, Lord Archer decided it would be him to finish our conversation.

"Don't take this the wrong way Amity, I love you more than anything. That is why I had to do what I did." He said, giving a weak smile," And remember, stay in these chambers at all times. Later tomorrow I will announce you as the Lady of the Estate." he said and continued walking off into the unknown parts of the estate, I was yet to explore.

With the time that I had away from him, I wondered off into the estate, hoping to find an exit. While I was walking, down the long and seemingly endless halls, I stumbled across a slave girl, with dark black locks of hair, tied neatly atop her head. With only one glance, she seemed to realize that I was lost."Ahhh, you need something?" She asks in an accent unknown to me. "Um I suppose so.. could you please help me to the exit?" I asked the girl, who was far older than me, and more tanned from the work she'd done as a servant.

With my words, a spark of mischeif seemed to egnite in her. And even though I would much rather try to find my own way, than go with someone I didn't even know the name of, time wasn't on my side. I would have to make it out of the estate before Lord Archer could come back and force me to stay with him. For the end of time, or so he says. "Yes, yes, come this way girl." She said giving me a smile and resuming walking down the hall further. Hmm.. weird...I would have though the exit would be back from where I came, but I suppose not.

I'm sure that after her many years of labour she knew this place far better that I had, rightfully so.

The further we walked, the more distant the sounds of party preparations became. The girl never spoke a word to me, which was odd, but of course some people were just more shy than others. She stopped her brisk walking to turn and face me. She analized my facial features, nodded to herself, and then carried on walking further. After walking for some time, we ceased walking.

Infront of us stood a group of men dressed in all black, from head to toe. "I have the one," she said, fixing her gaze on me. I watched as one of the men standing infront of me took hold of a large iron rod. Before I could even think twice about the situation i'd gotten myself in, he lifted it up, aimed it at me, and bashed my skull with great force, making my vistion hazy, until all I could see, was pitch black. I woke up shoved inside of a tight space, with cloth plunged in my mouth.

When I tried to lift my hands up, to remove the fabic, I noticed that by hands and feet were in shackels of iron. Doing the thing I thought to be most logical, I rammed my body into the wood that surrounded me. I could still hear people.

In fact, I heard lots of people, as if they were at some sort of gahtering. Wait... T-The Blood Moon Sacrifice. What the hell was going on?! Upon the realization of the event taking place, I now had more questions than ever.

Just then, a large man clothed in a dark black cloak, just like the rest, came up to me and removed the gag in my mouth. "Let me go! I am Lord Archers betrothed!!" I demanded, hoping that would convince them to free me of my shackels. Once the words left my lips, the group of the oddly dressed people burst into a laugh. "Dont be delusional girl." The man who I had first seen said, with that same mockerey in his voice that Archer used on me.

And I hated it. It kept reminding me of that night. The night I was betrayed by someone I thought would stay by my side. I wouldn't die. Then how would I get revenge on Lord Archer? The group of people lifted me up, and put me into a large sack. They walked out into the main area where the people gahtered, and cheered, waiting for the sacrifice to begin. How could people delight in such a horrid blood bath like this one? I didn't need anyone to tell me I was the one they had chosen to sacrifice to the High King of the Vampire. Thousands of years ago, the human and Vampire came upon an agreement, to apease their hunger for human blood.

Once a year, a human female who met the criteria would be sacrificed to him, and the vampires of the High Court would feast on their blood.

The slaves removed the bag, from my body and sat me on the grass. I saw a bright glowing circle on the grownd, surrounded by the crystals I had seen yesterday. My eyes scanned the crowd until they stopped, and Lord Archer was staring back at me, with a horrified look painted on his face. I saw him attempt to run through the masses of people, but to no avail. "And now, for the feast of the year, let our celebration begin." The tall man announced, causing cheering and yelling. They grabbed my hands and walked me over to the bright glowing circle.

Once somebody was pushed into the circle, you couldn't escape. Nobody could save you from your fate. My very own fate had betrayed me and all that I was- all that I am. One forcefull shove, and I was on the ground in the very center of the pentagram. Once the magic sensed the human blood, the circle, became a pentagram. The last thing I saw was Lord Archer screaming and crying for me back. Maybe death wouldn't be so bad, if it hurt him.

The skies swirlled around me. A ferocuous storm began, and I felt my body float up into the mess. Humans were weak, and I could no longer stand the pressure on my body. Suddenly, a bright mark on my arm, began to glow, something I never thought I had before. I could hear the gasps of the people below me, making the ground a frenzy. "It is time, Amity." A deep male voice shook the ground. "The time to pay is here" It said, before sucking me up into the hell hole of disaster.