Chapter Five | Friends?

Bea was an hour into her shift, things were going great for the most part. No one came up and asked her questions, which she wished would happen because it would be a great way to practice more Korean.

For now she was stocking items in the sauces aisle, she was amazed at the wide assortment of sauces and oils, she'd only ever seen one kind of soy sauce, and for a while she didn't even know what doubanjiang was.

Bea had her headphones in, which she loved to do while working because everyone simply washed away, melting into the background of her music. 

"I don't know who I find more annoying, you, or Kitty." Minho said, Bea hadn't seen the boy coming, though luckily she couldn't hear him over her headphones.

The boy rolled his eyes and tapped the girl on the shoulder, Bea slowly looked at the figure standing beside her. She began by glancing at the expensive shoes then slowly made her way up to that oh so familiar face.

Bea took her headphones out and asked Minho to repeat what he'd just said.

"I said that I can't tell who I hate more, you or Kitty." Minho scoffed, he scrunched his nose in disgust and grabbed an item out of Bea's hands.

"What are you-."

"I needed this, thanks for holding on to it for me." Minho teased, Bea rolled her eyes and clenched her one free fist. It took everything in her not to reply with a snarky remark on how Minho's hair looked oily and unruly today, she was looking forward to ruining his image, though she wasn't exactly in the place to be making fun of people, the boy could immediately clap back about the fact that she was working a job to keep up with tuition.

"Why are you here?" Minho asked, he just jumped right into it, though he was pretty sure why the girl was working. She'd mentioned this issue to him previously in one of their classes. And although he didn't seem the type, he listened to every word that she muttered, just in case he needed to use a fact against her. It was certainly not because he cared about her..

"You know the answer to that." Bea stated.

"Yeah, but I want to hear the words come from you. Say it." Minho teased, Bea paused what she was doing and shot the boy a look of utter discontent.

"What, that i'm broke, that I didn't get a full ride, that you're so wealthy and wonderful. There, I said it." Bea sighed, she concluded with her work and stormed off to another aisle that needed her attention.

"I didn't mean to-." Minho began, he'd begun to follow the girl now. He could tell that he'd taken it too far as Bea looked clearly upset.

The girl tried her best to ignore Minho, she just continued stocking up boxes and doing little things here and there. There was a women who had begun to complain that there wasn't a certain type of product in the store, the woman then proceeded to confront Bea and began complaining about the situation.

"I'm sorry, we don't have that item anymore." Bea stated.

"This is on you!" The woman shouted, she noticed the box in Bea's hands that had the exact item, Bea didn't know that it was what the woman was referring to.

"Just give me those, are you blind or something!" The woman shouted, she was ready to try and forcibly take the item before Minho stepped in and completely unleashed on the woman.

"Just wait a minute, you are so impatient." Minho scoffed, the woman's eyes widened and she backed away and apologized to the boy.

"Luck you, your boyfriend came to the rescue." The woman snarled, she quickly headed away from the couple, leaving them alone once again.