New year, new changes

"Welcome to another year of Hogwarts. This year we have an extra 8th year added for last year's 7th years to repeat if they want to" She took a breath

"Last year we lost many of us who were close to our hearts. We will have a ceremony soon of remembering those poor souls. I would like to thank everyone of last year who did their very best who save Hogwarts. Before we move onto our sorting ceremony I will like announce that this year students from different houses and years can live together, but the common rooms will remain for only one house"

"Whoo hoo lets goo"
"Thanks McGonagall"
Students shouted in joy

 As the excitement settled down, Minerva McGonagall continued with the sorting ceremony. The first years were called forward one by one, their names echoing through the Great Hall. Harry couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia as he watched the fresh faces of the new students, remembering his own sorting ceremony years ago.

Meanwhile, Draco sat quietly in his seat, observing the crowd. He felt a mix of emotions—relief that he was given a chance to repeat his last year at Hogwarts, regret for his past actions, and curiosity about what the future held. He couldn't deny that seeing Harry again had stirred something within him, something he thought he had left behind.

As the sorting ceremony concluded, McGonagall addressed the students once more. "Now, as you have heard, this year brings a change in the living arrangements. Students from different houses and years may choose to live together. However, remember that the common rooms will remain exclusive to their respective houses. This is an opportunity for all of you to forge new friendships and strengthen the bonds within the magical community."

Draco contemplated the idea. The prospect of living with students from different houses intrigued him. Perhaps it was a chance to start anew, to shed the prejudices of the past and embrace a more inclusive environment. After all, the war had taught him the importance of unity and acceptance.

"So mate you're going to live with me right?" Ron asked Harry
"Uhm yeah sure" Harry replied as he saw Draco across the hall, still sitting and waiting for someone to ask him to be his roommate.
"On second thought, Mione wanna stay with me?" Harry rolled his eyes
"What? Are we even allowed?" Hermione was kinda tensed
"Of course it is, we are the golden trio, everyone knows we saved Hogwarts and you still think they have some silly objections?" Ron was confident
"But what about you Harry?" Hermione went closer to the boy with glasses
"Don't worry bout it, I'll find someone else" Harry smiled
"See he doesn't have a problem so you wouldn't have too, right?" Said Ron
"Okay I'll stay"

So Ron and Hermione stayed together and Harry was left alone. But his mind was on Draco. "will malfoy share with Parkinson? Or with Zabini?" These thoughts conflicted Harry as he saw Draco get up and go away from the hall