Chapter 4

Keefe POV

"Keefe, I, I love it." Foster said as the tears slipped down her cheeks. Then she kissed me.

I was taken by surprise, but as soon as I registered what was happening, I kissed back.

It was as if sparks were flying between us. But all good things must come to an end.

"I'm-uh-sorry I-um-I didn't-" Foster stuttered, but I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers again.

"Don't apologize" I said after we pulled apart. I rested my forehead against hers.

We heard someone clear their throat from the doorway, but when we turned and saw who was there, we stumbled away from each other.

"Hi Fitzy." I tried. He glared at me.

"What are you doing?" Fitz asked me.

"What do you mea-" I started, Foster cut me off.

"What do you want Fitz?" She said, anger wafting off of her.

"I came to see you. But you didn't answer my question, what are you doing?" Fitz asked again, fuming more and more with each passing second.

"We don't have to answer that." Foster stated. Fitz glared at her.

"Sophie, I told you I like you and then I walk in on you kissing my best friend!" Fitz shouted. I could feel the shift in Foster's mood from angry to scared.

"Fitz, stop. You're scaring her." I tried to calm him down. It obviously didn't work.

"AND WHY WOULD YOU CARE? SHE IS MINE!" Fitz shouted even louder making Sophie hide behind me.

"I am not  yours." Sophie told him in a whisper, still recovering from that scene. "And Keefe cares because he actually has a heart. He doesn't like me because I am the most powerful elf, he likes me for me!" She says, starting to raise her voice at him. She moves out of where she was hiding behind me.

"I like Keefe, Fitz. Not you. Get that into your head. Keefe is kind and actually cares about me. All you care about is your stupid reputation." Sophie practically spat.

"Are you serious? This has to be a joke. You like the guy that has a murderer as a mother and a horrible father, over someone that is part of the greatest family ever? Are you out of your mind? Has all the guilt finally gotten to you? You know what, I'm leaving. You have obviously got insane, choosing him over me." Fitz said rolling his eyes and taking his home crystal out. He lept away leaving us very startled by his outburst.

Suddenly Sophie broke down into tears and fell to the floor. I ran over to her and pulled her onto my lap, swaying slightly.

"It's okay. You're okay." I whispered to her running my fingers softly through her hair.

I don't know how long we sat there for, but soon Sophie's sobs turned into hiccups.

"W-why did h-he s-s-say all those t-t-terrible things about y-you?" She got out.

"Are you crying about me? Not the fact that he insulted you?" I asked, confusion rippling through my body.

"I don't care what he said about me. You do know that what he said about you isn't true right?" She asked, "You know that I don't care about who your family is, I only care about you."

I started to tear up at her words and nodded, not trusting my voice. She cares about me. What did I ever do to deserve her?

I put my hand on her jawline and bring out faces closer, leaving just enough of a gap for her to pull away, but she didn't.

She closed the distance between us, and it felt like butterflies had erupted in my stomach.

"I made the right choice." She said when we pulled away.

"The right choice?" I ask, confused.

"I mean, I am glad I chose you over Fitz." Sophie said, as she pulled me into another kiss.

Sorry for the late update and the shorter chapter. I am currently sick, but it is getting better.

Please comment on your favorite part, share this to someone you think will like this story, and follow for more of my stories.

Thank you for reading. Love you guys more that Keefe loves E.L.Fudges! Bye :)