chapter 24

[We cut to a cabin in the woods, at the bank of a lake. We see Tony Stark sitting outside what looks like a tiny shed.

Tony: [Clapping his hand in a famous beat. Clap! Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap- Clap!] Chow time! Maguna? Morgan H. Stark. You want some lunch?

Morgan: Define lunch or be disintegrated. [She puts on a silver and blue helmet similar to Iron Man's]

(A girl with long dark hair walks out in front of Tony. This is Morgan Stark, Tony and Pepper's daughter. She looks to be about 8 years of age.)

Tony: Okay, You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I'm making for Mom. (Takes the helmet off Morgan's head. She emerges out smiling mischievously.)

Morgan: Okay dad, i wanted to try it on

Tony: There you go. Are you thinking about lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce.

Morgan: No.

Tony: That's what you want. How did you find this?

Morgan: Garage.

Tony: Really? Were you looking for it?

Morgan: No. I was looking for my ball and i found it sitting there

Tony: You like going to the garage, huh? So does daddy. It's fine, actually. Your mom never wears anything I buy her.

(They start walking towards the house, but Tony notices a black Audi pulling coming to a stop a few meters away. Steve, Nat, and Scott get out of the car. Tony sighs. He is not looking forward to the discussion about to take place.)

Scott: (Cut to after Scott's plan has been explained to Tony) Now, we know what it sounds like...

Steve: Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?

Tony: Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?

(Scott, Steve and Nat all look puzzled. Science is barely any of their fields.)

Steve: (Tony giving a drink to him.) Thank you.

Tony: In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home.

Scott: I did.

Tony: No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?

Scott: (Trying to hide his pride) A time heist?

Tony: Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?

Scott: The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them.

Nat: We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back.

Tony: Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?

Steve: I don't believe we would.

Tony: Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise.

Scott: Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -

Tony: I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?