chapter 5

I woke up to my alarm at 6:30. Today was my second day of school. I got up, showered, brushed my hair,and my teeth. I get changed into a black tank top with cargo pants. I put a flannel over my shirt, leaving it unbuttoned.

I wad still early my school didn't start till 8 so I left pretty early. I was walking when I saw fezco sitting on a chair outside his shop "hey fez you open?" I called out."Not yet, kid, why what's up?" he said, blowing smoke out of his mouth.

"Nothing. I was just going to grab a drink, " I said, looking at my phone.'6:50' It read "you're going to school, right?" He asked "yeah" I walked next to him, leaning on the cooler."Say when I opened, I'll stop by and bring you a drink, " he looked over at me, putting his blunt back into his mouth.

I nodded. "See you, fez." I waved. "See you, kid,be safe, " he called out. I arrived at school at about 7:10. While i waited for class to start, I took my phone out, and I scrolled on social media.

I felt a tap on my back. I turned around to see a brown hair girl "um hi I'm Avery, and I'm new here. I was wondering if after this class you could show me around, " the girl asked

It was my only second day here, but I knew where almost everything was. I nodded, and she smiled.

Class started, and I felt like people's eyes were staring at me. I looked around, nothing but every time i was looking at the teacher or my paper, the feeling came back.

After the bell rang, I rushed into the bathroom. I slid the flannel down my shoulder to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the bandaid.

"Holy shit what happened?" I heard a voice say I look over to a black hair girl with a pink crop top and black leggings, Maddy perez.

Just because I'm new doesn't mean I didn't know her there's rumors that he fucked a guy in a pool at mckay's party.

"Oh, Saturday night I got shot in the shoulder trying to go home," I explained. "Wait, Saturday? We're you at McKay's party, " she asked. I nodded.

"I was looking for my sister abby," I continued "oh you poor thing," she said, Maddy was in my sister's friend group, but I never really met her.

"Thanks, Maddy,uh, I'll see you around," I pulled the flannel up. "See you," she said as I walked out of the bathroom.

Around lunchtime, I sat by myself on my phone because there's nothing else to do. I heard the doors open, then closed. I turned around, and it was the kid from fezco's shop.

He looked around, and then he looked at me. He started to walk towards me, he didn't say anything he just handed me a drink "thanks" I smiled, he didn't say anything just nodded then left.

I put the drink down to see a sticky note on the side on it. I pulled it off, and it read

'Hey kid, I know I said I would bring you a drink, but I had business to do, so I made ash bring it. This is mine and ashes' number just if anything happens like Saturday'
(Their numbers)

I put both of their numbers into my phone. After school, I barely just walked through the doors when I felt an arm over my shoulder, making a shock go through my whole body.

"Ow," I said. "Oh shit sorry I keep forgetting," Rue said "hey you wanna hang out?" she added,"Uh sure, " I reply, pulling my phone out to text my mom.

-

Mom

Callie
Can I hang out with my friend?

Mom
Sure, don't do anything stupid also Don't stay out too late. My boyfriend is coming over in about an hour.