He seems to be scanning me before he actually utters a word. "Bella."

We stare at each other for a few more seconds. Behind Felix is where I feel safe.

"Why are you here? And who is he? Did he kidnap you?" Questions start tumbling out of his mouth. "Bella, you have to come with me-" He reaches for me, but Felix blocks him.

"Excuse me, but I need to know who you are before she goes with you," He keeps his voice steady.

Looking down, a sarcastic smile appears on Archer's lips. He then lifts his head and looks him in the eye. "Archer De Guzman, her fiance."

Felix looks at me as I rub a temple because I feel a headache coming on.

"Bella, is this true?"

Slowly, I nod. "Yes, it is. He's my fiance."

"Oh," Felix moves aside.

I grab his arm. Archer raises his brow and looks at the way my hand is positioned on Felix's arm.

"I really don't want to go."

"Bella," Archer says again. "You're being irrational right now. This man right here," He points to him. "Is a total stranger. You'd rather go with him than me?"

Yes, Archer. I would. He's less of a jerk than you are.

"Bella..." Felix says. "He's right. You don't know me."

"Thank you. At least someone's being smart right now," Archer rolls his eyes.

I tuérn to him. "Did my parents send you?"

"Obviously," He says, half-annoyed. "Your whole family has police squadrons looking for you all over the whole country. They're worried sick. And now you're telling me you don't want to go home?"

"Why are you here?" I cross my arms over my chest. "My parents could have picked me up."

"They were too shaken to come out here," He replies. "So, I went. I looked everywhere. And when I finally find you... you're here with a guy," He shakes his head and scoffs. "A surprise, really."

"Felix helped me."

"Yeah, okay, right," He pretends to nod. "Come on, Bella. It's time to go home."

"Felix..." I try to stall a little longer. "Thank you for everything."

"Of course. I'm always here when you need me."

I hear a scoff from Archer's direction. I send him a cold glare.

"And I'll..." I clear my throat. "I'll take your words to heart."

"You're your own person. Remember that. You don't have to be perfect."

I smile softly. "Thank you."

"If you'll excuse me," Archer intervenes once

again. "I have to take my fiancée home."

Hearing him call me his fiancée made my cheeks hot with anger.

"Of course," Felix nods in his direction. "Stay safe, Bella."

"I...I will," I step forward.

Archer starts walking and I slowly walk after him. I turn back for the last time. At this moment, I realize I will never see him again. He knows more of me than Archer does. I feel vulnerable with him and he can see right through me.

He was and is perfect. And I was walking away from someone that I want to value.

Felix raises his hand and gives a small wave. I return the motion before turning back to the scene happening in front of me.