Wakey Wakey Wally

It was the next day, and Wally was back at Home. He was sitting on his bed swinging his feet. Wally didn't really care about anything around him. Except for his nose... what happened to it? Where had it gone? Noses don't just dissapear! Wally missed his nose. He missed the honk that it made when he would squeeze it.

He walked over to the mirror. He was sad to see his reflection looking back at him. His reflection looked like him, but he didn't act like him. He remembered talking to his reflection before. Something about how somebody wasn't in control of him, not anymore at least. He forgot who he was telling himself about though.

He missed Harry and Robin. They made him happy, even when they were mean. They even sometimes read him stories to fall asleep at night, even though Robin lost his glasses a long time ago, so he struggled, and Harry just wasn't good at reading, but they cared enough to at least try. Roy just gave up after the first three sentences.

Wally hated how it took him so long to realize his father, Roy, just didn't care. It was so blatant! He never even tried to hide it. The only time Roy ever cared for Wally, was when it benefited him. It always had to benefit Roy. Even when Wally and his friends were all kidnapped, he didn't give the weird dude a single penny! Wally was dumb in the past. And now he was back at square one, doing idiotic things when they were so easy to avoid.

Knock

Knock

Knock

"Wakey wakey Wally! I have a delivery for you! It's from Howdy! He said that it came early, and based in how things were doing for you, he decided to send them early!" Somebody shouted form the other side of the door. Wally, thinking it was another teacher, rushed to the door, trying to make sure there would be no more punishment. "Oh, hello, thank youuuuuu?" Wally asked as he elongated the 'u' inside of you to ask who the other yellow dude was. "Oh, right! My name is Eddie, Eddie Dear! I'm the mailman, or the delivery man! Whichever one you like to say more!" Eddie said happily, yet so solemnly. His eyebrows curved so deeply that Wally thought that if they went any further, they would completely cover Eddie's eyes.

Even though Wally didn't remember Eddie, he still felt bad for the sadness that adorned the man's face. "Oh, thank you Eddie Dear! It was nice to meet you!" "Okay Wally, goodbye!" Eddie said, a bit more cheerfully now that his friend remembered his name.

Now Wally was standing clulessly in the doorway with little idea about what was going on. He knew that he had batteries and probably needed new ones, but how would he change them on his own?

~~~

Wally decided not to do the smart thing, which would be to ask for help. Instead, he lay two batteries out on the floor, and was ready to flop over onto them so that he could stay conscious. Wally already had his battery box open so he was ready to rip out his old ones.

Home gave a creek as wally stuck his arms out to his sides, ready to topple over and most likely rip something. Wally wasn't used to understanding this weird house thing that would only talk through creeks, bangs, boom, knocks, locks, alarms, tics, toks, squtoys, the list went on, but he understood the home clear as day. "Oh come on, a slight injury won't kill me, I just might need a bit of patching afterwards!" Wally said. Home squeaked, skeptical of how good this plan would actually was.

"Anyways, I'm going to do this now. I don't know what will happen when I do though." With no hesitation, Wally ripped out his batteries, and fell face first onto his new ones.

Wally missed. Though, Wally didn't go unconscious as fast as he thought he would. With the little time that he had before he pretty much died, Wally scrambled to put his new ones in the right way. He quickly put his new batteries in the right way, and colours began to zoom by Wally's eyes.

"Home? Am I back to normal?" Wally asked, his head clear with information. Home gave a happy thud to Wally. Wally cheered joyfully. "Yes! Now I can go back outside and tell all of my neighbors that I'm sorry!" Home's eyes drooped. "What's the matter, Home? Did something happen while I was like my old self?" Wally asked worried. Home gave a sad squeak.

"Oh no."