xiii. collision

╭                                    ╮

COLLISION

╰                                    ╯

*TRIGGER WARNINGS!! there are brief mentions of canon typical quidditch injuries and a brief allude to physical abuse (very small)! if either of these are triggering for you, I suggest you read with caution, or merely skip over this chapter*

━━━━━━━━━◇◆◇━━━━━━━━━

                              SLYTHERIN HAD BEAT RAVENCLAW A WEEK AFTER TERM STARTED, don't get Juliet wrong, she was happy, but that meant double the quidditch practice — even for the reserve team, half of them didn't want to be there. Lizzie and Juliet loved quidditch but practicing with Oliver was an absolute nightmare. According to Lizzie, he acted like a 'Drill Sergeant' whatever that meant.

    So here Juliet and Lizzie were, annoyed and frustrated, Oliver wasn't always completely insufferable, but at this very moment, even Juliet wanted to strangle him. "Wood!" Lizzie screamed when Oliver turned his attention to the reserve team and yelled at Juliet. "We aren't actually on the bloody team!"

    "Yes, but you still have to be good in case you're put in!" Oliver shouted back to Lizzie who was staring at him as if she was trying to set him on fire with her eyes. Any other time Juliet would have found this exchange funny but she was too annoyed too, she was glaring daggers at Oliver as well. Oliver could handle Lizzie's glares but Juliet's were a whole different case, maybe it was the fact that the sweetest girl on the team was glaring at you like she wanted to kill you or maybe her glare was actually that terrifying. Wood shifted uncomfortably on his broom avoiding eye contact with Juliet.

    Oliver then yelled at them to get their head in the game and that they could be put into the game so they needed to try harder. The reserve team began practicing again. One of the chasers had thrown the quaffle into the direction of the goalpost, Juliet flew toward it blocking it with her head being flung back slightly, and she groaned lightly. Here's the thing, Juliet wasn't a bad keeper, it just wasn't the position she was best at or even wanted. She was an excellent chaser, but when the girl was nervous she fumbled anything she tried to do, that is why she didn't get on the team Oliver didn't want someone as clumsy as her risking that his last year.

    All of a sudden the memory was flung out of her mind, when she saw an out-of-control Lizzie flying towards her at full speed. It appeared that she had lost control of her flying and was going in the direction of Juliet. Juliet went to move out of the way but it was far too late the two girls collided with a scream coming from both of them as their bodies flew to the ground at full speed.

    The reserved team and actual quidditch team watched in horror as the bodies came flying to the ground, Oliver shouted an incantation and the two started falling slowly to the ground hitting the ground lightly. Juliet groaned attempting to roll over, holding her head when she turned over she was facing Lizzie who was unconscious. Both teams flew down to check on the two girls. The twins made their way to the scene quickly.