xvii. prophecy

╭                                    ╮

PROPHECY

╰                                    ╯

━━━━━━━━━◇◆◇━━━━━━━━━
                              JULIET WAS SITTING AT THE RAVENCLAW TABLE WITH HARVEY, everyone else was taking their divination exams — Harvey and Juliet were the only ones that didn't take divinations.

    All of a sudden Tori came bolting towards them at full speed once she reached the two she grabbed Harvey's shoulders to slow herself down almost making the boy fall to the ground. "Merlin Tori, you almost knocked me out!" Harvey yelled dramatically as Juliet froze, putting her fork back down and turning her attention to the out-of-breath girl who looked like she had just run across the whole castle.

    "And this is why you don't play Quidditch," Juliet said.

    "Professor Trelawney, told me he-who-shall-not-be-named is coming back," Tori blurted out, Harvey furrowed his eyebrows and Juliet snorted.

    "Babes, you believe Trelawney?" Harvey laughed.

    "Didn't you call her a nutcase," Juliet laughed.

    "Yes, but this time was different," Tori tried to explain through heavy breaths. "Her head snapped back and her voice got all weird, and then when I repeated what she told me she called me crazy."

    "Because she's a nutter, Tori," Harvey said like it was obvious and Tori a huff of frustration.

    "Okay, let's hear her out," Juliet told Harvey, noticing that Tori had believed what the crazy Professor had told her, if Tori believed it there was something to be worried about. "What did she say?"

    "THE DARK LORD LIES ALONE AND FRIENDLESS, ABANDONED BY HIS FOLLOWERS. HIS ALLY HAS BEEN CHAINED THESE TWELVE YEARS. SOON . . . THE ALLY WILL BREAK FREE AND SET OUT TO REJOIN HIS ACCOMPLICE. THE DARK LORD WILL RISE AGAIN WITH HIS ALLY'S AID, GREATER AND MORE TERRIBLE THAN EVER BEFORE. SOON ...BEFORE SUMMER'S END... THE ALLY . . . WILL SET OUT . . . TO REJOIN . . . HIS ACCOMPLICE. . . ." Tori said, her head snapping back and mocking the throaty voice that Professor Trelawney had used while telling the girl the prophecy.

    As hard as he tried Harvey couldn't help himself, he burst out in laughter as Juliet gaped at the girl. "How did you remember that," Juliet asked.

    "Really that's what you're concerned about!" Tori asked, astonished then turning to Harvey and slapping him across the head. "STOP LAUGHING THIS ISN'T A LAUGHING MATTER."

    "Ouch."

    "You hurt his feelings," Juliet frowned, lightly rubbing the spot where Tori had smacked Harvey.