Emergency Room

TW:emotional manipulation is touched on in this chapter. Be advised if you keep reading the themes may be upsetting to some.

The hospital had a very large waiting room with a balcony above looking down from the Cafeteria.  At the reception desk they sat Nyx down and taken some vitals before giving their sister a clipboard to fill out their information.

About half an hour into their wait, Nyx had a wave of nausea and had to lay down, so when their boyfriend came into the lobby wearing a nice suit and carrying a cane, Nyx almost rolled into the floor trying to sit up.

"Mark?" Captain Nyx said, swaying. Their boyfriend caught them, his lips tight and small as he spoke.

"Mark? That guy you play video games with?" The boyfriend said.

"Damien, you know you look a little like him." Candy said, rubbing Captain's back,"Nyx, do you want me to put you were in the military?"

Nyx nodded, glancing up at Damien. He was right to be upset. He wasn't Markiplier (although Captain hadn't been thinking he was Markiplier he had just assumed that was the Mark they were speaking of)

Damien was a little older than the aforementioned gamer and had black hair. He didn't wear glasses and had a slightly rounder face. He was also different from Head Engineer Mark. He was slightly taller with a softer face. Damien didn't look like he could have any expressions besides happy and worried. Mark had shown frustration, anger, fear, worry, and love.

That was one expression Captain didn't expect to see in Damiens facebut when they met his eyes, Captain Nyx lost their breath,their stomach fluttering but not in the sickening way it had before.

"Darling, how much did you sleep before playing this game, how much did you eat?" Damien asked in a calm voice, running a hand through his hair to lay it down, though the gel was doing that well enough.

"Not sure." Nyx offered.

"You ate watermelon and had a salad with no protein." Candy said, not looking up now as she filled out the paperwork.

"Your safe foods don't have any protein currently, huh?" Damien said, sitting down next to them,"That's not good, we need to find a way to fit them in, that might be what caused some of this."

"I hope so." Said Candy,"Because the Vita Renascentia videos you uploaded so far are the most viewed on your channel. They have as many views as In Space With Markiplier. People who watch his video come to your video to see your point of view, since that will be the view they get as they play."

"Candy... will they experience...?" Captain touched the scar on their face,"The memory I had, is that part of the game?"

"What? Your fall wasn't in the game." Candy didn't look up as she frowned, writing on the form.

"But it was how we got to the warp core, i had to go through a memory." Captain whispered.

"Darling," Damien whispered, taking their hand,"...that isn't at all how you got to the core. That was my favorite of your videos because even though you had gone nearly completely mute, you still conveyed your emotions very clearly and handled it amazingly."

"Let me see the video." Captain Nyx asked, reaching for their phone from Candy who was using it to find the information.

"Maybe you shouldn't do that. What if the motion makes you sick just seeing it?" Damien said urgently, placing his hand over Captain's to stop them grabbing the phone.

"I need to know what happened." Nyx protested.

"No you dont!" Damien said through his teeth. He seemed to shudder and tilt his head to the side causing it to crack.

Captain pulled their hand away and stared at Damien. With his head down his dark eyes looked up to meet Captain's. We're they always this dark? They looked black.

"Damien! Jesus!" Candy hissed.

"It isn't safe." He explained, sitting up and grabbing his lapels and yanking to straighten his jacket,"I just want them safe."

Captain dragged their eyes away, looking at the cane Damien was twisting in his hands. His knuckles were white. He didn't want them to see the video, but why?

Just then there was a commotion at the door of the ER dragging everyone's attention to the group coming in. There was a thin woman with angel kissed lips, a boy with a small athletic build, and in between them was Markiplier.

He had his arms draped over their shoulders and was stumbling as he walked. Blood coated his face and the front of his shirt. His nose had been bleeding pretty badly and his eyes were fluttering. He could be heard muttering incoherently.

The muscles tensed in Captain's legs as they started to stand but Damien slapped his hand down onto theirs, gripping hard and pinning it down. They startled and looked to his hand, then slowly up his arm. He was radiating fury as he stared at the other man.

"It's the guy I game with!" Captain explained.

"I don't think you should anymore. Mayhaps the state you both are in shows how dangerous Vita Renascentia actually is." He spoke with a calm and soft tone that didn't fit his hostile demeanor and killer glare.

"I need to know if the game did that to him." Captain whispered.

"So message him." Damien said, turning his dark eyes their way again. A shudder traveled down their spine and a chill ran up their arms. Their fingers were starting to go numb under his grasp,"You are in too poor of health to be getting up and he looks is a poorer state than you."

"He... is right, Nyx. You don't look so good." Candy whispered.

Captain glanced at Mark as some nurses took his vitals and handed the paperwork to the woman he was with, gasping as Damien held their hand tighter.

The Captain shoved Damien, pushing him, seat and all, about a foot away. They pushed so hard that Damien tilted in his chair and as he flailed an arm to right himself, he seemed to separate into two for just a moment, a blue and red outline lingering around him for a blink of time.

Captain watched him stand and grab his lapels to straighten his suit again, and as he looked to them woth wide and confused eyes, Captain Nyx vomited again.