but you light up my love

"Dani? It's me.." Danielle looked up to the door as she had curled her knees up to her chest, feeling her clothes get wet as she cried for minutes.

"Danielle, please let me in, I'm worried. I want to know how you're feeling right now.."

Four minutes passed..

Haerin was worried now. She would lean on the door, trying to hear a word from the girl.

Yet not even a single word was spoken.

Five more minutes have passed..

Still no response from the older..

"You know I'll stand here as long as you don't come out! And you won't stop me, now open up Daniell-"

The door opens with a taller figure, looking down.

The latter made Haerin weaken in the knees, she swore to herself that she hated Danielle suffering alone.

"Danielle, oh why didn't you tell me about this? Hey.."

Haerin went inside the room, smelling the familiar scent of perfume used by the girl. She led Danielle into the bed, letting her sit comfortably beside her.

All of a sudden, Danielle wrapped her arms around Haerin's waist burying her head in the crook of the younger's neck.

"I hate to see you like this, Dani. I want to know what happened" As Danielle continues to snuggle against Haerin's neck, she closed her eyes for a moment, letting all the tears fall into the collar of the other girl.

Haerin let Danielle breathe for a minute until a sigh destroyed the silence between them.

Danielle sat up from the embrace, facing Haerin with puffy eyes and a slight chuckle.

"Say, am I worth it to be here? To exist in this world where everyone believed to be the opposite?"

...

Haerin watched the older, knowing she still has something to say.

"Life's been tough lately, you know.. I don't know what to face in front of the public right now. I mean, I have always been faking a smile in front of people. I-I have no right to oppose it. It's just that, these months, after all the hate, I get insecure about how I look in front of the public. As much as I want to look strong, I can't.. Nothing is enough for me to overcome, I am really.. At my limit to quit. Haerin.. I don't think I can-"

Now it was cut off by a sudden movement.

Haerin placed her hand on top of Danielle's

The older noticed a frown on the younger furrowing her eyebrows, confused.

"I've heard enough."

"Danielle, know that you are already the best for me. You have done enough to be a part of this group and a part of my life. I cannot stand the thought of you suffering here alone without the others knowing about it. Danielle, I want you to remind yourself that you're more worthy than anything. And it is easy to make mistakes, but we will always learn, it's okay.

Screw all the haters that intend to take over your reputation..

Know that even if the world turns its back on you, I will always be here by your side. Even in times of difficulty like this, know that I will always believe in you and support every decision you make. You can always tell me your problems, Danielle. And I admit that I get mad when you keep them to yourself."

Danielle feels her trembling lips turn into a smile as she holds the tears forming in her eyes.

She leans her head on the shoulder of the younger, hugging her arm as she smiles.

"Thank you"

'

I'll hold you close, it starts tonight

This time it was not fake but a genuine one.

The night when our lives intertwine

'

From that time on, she knew that Haerin will always be the cause of her solace and warmth, no matter how destiny attempts to split them apart.