II.

'DANIELLE MARSH OF FORMER NEWJEANS HAS ARRIVED IN KOREA'

'Singer-Actress DANIELLE MARSH collaboration with the former NewJeans?'

'DANIELLE MARSH, ANNOUNCED TO PERFORM IN INKIGAYO 2029'

_____

It was a Saturday morning when Danielle woke up with a heavy feeling inside her chest that would last forever. She stayed laying down on her bed as random thoughts once again come to her mind.

It was another arbitrary that she craved the most but cannot be received easily. Although it was usual for her to miss the feeling of having someone dear to her sleep beside her, fate and time were never that easy to be defeated.

"What you get is what you receive, " they say, but Danielle couldn't accept that fact. She couldn't accept the fact that the four people who filled her happiness were just temporary. And she can never accept the fact that Haerin chose to let go of her for her career or did she?

For two years, she has not met the younger one. It made her uncomfortable in a way that Haerin would comfort her for. Yet she wasn't here as she chose her career over the older one. The situation was indeed a hurtful one, but for her good, Danielle  accepted the decision even if it hurt her.

____

It was 7 in the morning when a ring on her phone completely woke the latter up. It shows her manager's ID.

She answers the phone, with the manager starting the talk first.

"Good morning, we have a big day today, at exactly 10:00 we must be at the designated place

"Noted, I will be there early"

"Also, be prepared for an interview before your performance. I apologize for the sudden topic, I was just informed earlier. I will tell further details about it later."

"No no! Not at all, I'll look forward to the interview."

"Thank you, I will be expecting your early arrival."

And then the call ended.

Instead of being anxious, Danielle got excited for the interview.

She stands up, walking to the bathroom to prepare.

___

It was now 8 in the morning, she looks in the mirror as she wears an all beige or brown clothing

____

Danielle gets to her car, with a satisfied smile knowing she was about to meet some artists who she may know.

____

10:00 am

People scream her name as she elegantly walks through the aisle. Danielle waves her hands to the fans and cameras flash towards her. She forms a smile as she goes through the doors of the SBS Building.

Inside the building, Danielle sees a lot of familiar faces, some of them worked with her through the past years and some were celebrity friends. It did not satisfy her enough as she sees that the four people she expected to meet were not there.

Though she walks to a familiar figure she was friends with years ago. Danielle taps her shoulder making the figure turn around.

"Dani-unnie! You're back!"

She hugged Danielle which made her form a smile

"Eunchae I missed you! And Hybe of course"

And again, it was Eunchae.

"How have you been in Australia? The Hybe fam misses you for leaving"

Of course, Danielle had regret herself for leaving Hybe. Yet she had no choice but to go back to Australia to "live a new life" and forget all the memories that once saddened her.

Has it been forgotten?

"I was lonely for not seeing your beautiful faces! I miss them too so much!"

Danielle says in a sarcastic tone to cover the painful one to Eunchae.

"Aw! Don't worry, you'll meet the others later! I was also waiting for you here"

"That's so nice of you! Say, who are the others you're talking about?"

"Let's just say the members of both groups. You know what I mean right?"

Danielle knows what Eunchae meant because Lesserafim and Newjeans debuted in the same year and their once undefeated popularity among other 4th generation groups.

As they continue their conversations with opinions, Eunchae eyes the people who just came.

"Ah, they are here!" She adds as she waves to the new coming people

Danielle turns around seeing one of the people she expected to see. Much as she wanted to hug her, she couldn't for some reason.

Eunchae walks in front of Danielle, blocking the sight of the older people who were walking toward her.

Yunjin calls Eunchae

"Eunchae! You're all grown up, I'm so proud!"

"We just met two days ago!"

"Don't care, I missed the maknae we used to care for"

Now another voice calls them, it seems very familiar to Danielle.

"Hanni?"

Danielle questions as she sees the figure walking toward them

"Oh yeah! That reminds me. Danielle, we'll meet the other members on the other side, see you guys later!" Eunchae adds

"Sure, I'll see you later!"

__

Hanni starts the conversation while walking to the nearby bench inside

"So how's life? I haven't seen you for two years."

"Been good, but to be honest I missed you guys."

Hanni smiles at the reply

"I know"

And the atmosphere went cold

"You know these past days, Haerin's been acting weird and formal to me and Hyein. I thought the both of you talked to each other out?"

"I tried to-"

Danielle was cut off by her manager

"I'm sorry for interfering" the two girls wave at the manager as if everything is fine and there is no need to be sorry. The manager continues "Danielle will be preparing for the interview, if you may excuse us"

Danielle stands up, "Maybe later, I'll see you". She waves goodbye to Hanni and then walks away with her manager.