I.

Present time

Cameras flash everywhere as Haerin walks through the doors of the Music Bank building. Of course, it was expected for an artist to have paparazzi and pictures going around, especially when you are famous.

It is already 4 in the afternoon.

Haerin smiles as she greets the staff she meets inside, being polite as ever. As a known person under Hybe, it was not a shocking truth anymore, knowing that she once belonged to a group under the same entertainment. Admittedly, this was the reason why Haerin remained renowned as an artist and a former member.

"Haerin-ah!" A familiar voice called her loud and clear, also calling the attention of the people who surround them.

Haerin smiles at the sight of her female colleague since her first debut with her former members.

"Ah, Eunchae! Long time no see."

"Aishh, articles about you spread since last week, but I'm glad you came back from being inactive. "

They start walking through the hallway as they talk

"Things were tough, but I completely managed to fix them so no worries"

"Good thing."

The conversation continued until Haerin reached her final destination: her room in the backstage

"Well, I'll see you later Eunchae, gotta prepare myself for the performance."

"Okay! See ya!"

_____

Then silence starts to surround her..

Haerin greets the staff and stylists who will help her prepare for the stage.

30 minutes later..

After ensuring her dress and makeup, she looks at the mirror all prepared.

What she needs right now is the acceptance of audience for her.

______

The performance finished with cheers, laughter, and chants all over the crowded room. It made Haerin form a smile, yet it was fake.

As she returns to the backstage, Eunchae runs to Haerin from behind, placing an arm over the shoulders of the older.

"Haerin-ah! You did a great one there!"

"You too. Wanna eat together before we separate our ways later?"

"Sure!"

As they walk through the hallways, Eunchae removed her arms around Haerin's shoulder. They reply to each other's compliments until a voice cuts them off.

Two familiar figures were seen.

"Unnie!" Eunchae waved as Yunjin looked at them with a wide smile. Beside her is Pham Hanni, one of the former old members of NewJeans. Seeing her appearance made Haerin bow as if she were a stranger to Hanni.

After greeting each other formally, the two pairs then pass each other with Eunchae being happy as ever with the thought of not having any conflict with her unnie two years ago when they were known as 'sisterz' of a known former group named Le Sserafim. Although the situation stays the same with the other two former members, Haerin couldn't stop thinking of the past in which they left behind, even if it did not involve Hanni. But it was awkward, knowing that the Vietnamese knew what happened between Haerin and the other foreign member.

_____

Eunchae and Haerin finished their food and it is about time to part their own ways and see each other again tomorrow for another work.

"I had fun today with you! Haerin-ah! Let's see each other tomorrow again, yes?"

"Of course, goodbye and have a good night Eunchae"

"Bye-bye! Congrats on your comeback by the way!"

And silence has formed once again.

Haerin sighs as she pulls out a Polaroid of her with four other people whom she cherished moments with when they were still called 'NewJeans'. It felt nostalgic to Haerin as she sees the picture filled with laughter and innocent smiles.

"If only I had the chance to confess to you that day,

would things get better between us,

Danielle?"