Part 9: The Seeker

OJ sat on the floor against the wall, gripping his axe tightly. He just- He just killed someone for no reason.. Oh god. He started to breathe heavily, and he covered his eye while tears started rolling down his face. He's a horrible person! He's such a bad person!

"Hun, you know full well she deserved it! She would've told everyone about you. She would've ruined the plan. Now stop being a little bitch and be happy about yourself. It had to be done~"

"B-But- she wasn't-"

Vellum shushed him. "OJ, darling, she was a necessary sacrifice. She had to go. It was her time. And if anybody else gets in our way, they have to go, too."

OJ went silent for a moment, wiping his eye and looking up. "They.. yeah. We're doing a good thing here. We're helping them. We're sparing them."

"Why shouldn't everyone go?~ They deserve it!"

"No. Only people who interfere. They don't understand what'll happen to them." He stood up and brushed himself off, scraping the excess wax off his axe.

He checked the time. 10:00 PM?  Perfect timing. He held his axe proudly, opening the door to his office and walking out, attempting to be as quiet as he could. His mind was a bit.. fuzzy. Where was Paper's room?

"OJ. I kn-knew it. Y-Y-You're still alive."

Another person-? God, how many are there?? He looked at where the voice came from.

"Bomb?"

"Hi. You know, I-I was worried f-f-for you, Paper said y-you d-d-d-d-" He sniffled taking a deep breath. "He said you d-died, OJ."

OJ didn't have a reaction. That was pretty obvious, honestly.

Bomb continued."I felt h-h-horrible! I-I didn't want t-to believe you died. We were b-b-b-best f-friends, even if you d-denied it! People thought you k-k-killed yourself!! I-I-I j-just-" He sniffled again. It looked like he didn't like yelling at OJ like this, but he had to make a statement. "Why c-can't you just b-be normal again?"

A small smile grew on OJ's face. "You know what, Bomb? I could. I really could. Here, come hug me."

He spread his arms out, dropping his axe, and Bomb looked so excited. He immediately ran over and hugged OJ tightly.

"You know, O-OJ, I was so w-w-worried that you wouldn't-"

A sharp pain could be felt in Bomb's back, paired with a noise of crackling. He stepped back.

OJ had a knife, covered in a black and gray substance. He glared at Bomb, lowering his left hand and grabbing the axe. He dropped the knife and started walking towards Bomb.

"Bomb, I thought you wouldn't cut in with my plans. I expected you to stay on the sidelines, but no! You just had to interfere."

Bomb shuddered, staring at OJ with a look of betrayal. He couldn't even move, frozen in place like a deer in headlights. "B-But you said-"

OJ struck near Bomb's left eye, pressing the axe in further before yanking it out. "I know what I said! I was lying to you, you idiot!! As a liar yourself, I thought you would realize that."

Bomb shrieked, holding his face where the axe once was. "I'm n-not a liar, OJ.. I was young a-a-and stupid back then! I already ap-apol-a-apologized to you!"

"You lied. You always have, and you always will. We were never friends to you."

"Don't y-you remember how much fun w-we used to have-?"

"You're hopeless."

OJ struck again, higher up on Bomb's face, causing that half of his face to fall off. He was crying.

"O-OJ.. why?"

"I have a plan. You simply should've stayed out of my way."

He swung one last time, hitting from the side and finally causing him to fall. What a shame.

Time to find Paper.