Chapter 1

hey guys, so I'm happy to finally get this story started and I really hope you enjoy it :)

the wait is finally over but I am warning my schedule last summer was horrible but hopefully this one will be much better

picture on the side of Draco, the hot thing ;)

-

I thought that the worst way you could spend a Friday night was sitting in and waiting for your roommate/best friend/ crush to come home from dinner with his serious girlfriend.

One unfortunate June night, as I sat on the couch waving my wand around to entertain myself, I learnt that that was not actually true.

Draco had been away for about three hours on his regular Friday date with Astoria. I usually waited up for him, to make sure that he got home safe and to make sure he didn't do anything with Astoria. It sounded so selfish of me but I don't think my heart could bear to see her walk out of his bedroom in the morning with nothing on her but a long shirt of his and her probably mature and pretty knickers.

Everything about Astoria had always been perfect; there was no doubt about it. I had looked for any flaw; perhaps one of those secretly mean girl but pretends to be nice flaws. But Astoria was honestly flawless. She was nice, pretty and from what Draco had told me, the perfect girlfriend. And it sucked even more because I couldn't hate her for it.

I always feel there is too much pointless hate in this world. Why hate someone when they have done absolutely nothing to you intentionally? There was none, there's your answer.

So as I waited for him to arrive home, I was playing with my wand, causing colourful lights to float into the air and staring in amazement at them.

I suddenly perked up in my seat as I heard the familiar two voices outside. There was nothing unusual about hearing them; Astoria lived in the building next door so she would often stay afterwards for maybe a few minutes.

But they were laughing. Not that laughing was unusual but it wasn't a normal kind of laughter. The laughter was loud, it sounded almost overjoyed. I tried to think of a reason why they would both be so happy but I could not think of one.

The door was opened and the two lovebirds entered, still laughing to each other about some stupid crap. I rolled my eyes at them, continuing to flicker my wand around.

"Iris?" Draco asked as he took of his and Astoria's coats as she closed the door to the apartment that Draco and I shared. "Are you in here?"

"Yeah, I'm over here," I muttered as I continued to wave the wand, a blank expression on my face. I hated looking so gloomy but even the thought of him and Astoria having more fun than we have had in ages together made me feel awful and I hated myself for it.

"Oh, there you are," he said as him and Astoria walked over to me, taking a seat on the other couch. I looked up curiously. They weren't continuing their conversation; they were just staring at me and then looking at each other again. I raised an eyebrow, sick of them repeating the same gestures to each other over and over.

"What is it? Spill it and stop wasting time," I muttered as I looked back to my wand. I hated doing this. I seemed so grumpy - well I was, but I didn't like to come off as such a moody person. It made me feel bad.

"So I was at dinner tonight with Astoria, as usual, and well, I've had this planned for a while now but I wanted Astoria to be the first one to know so I didn't tell you," Draco said, giving me a massive grin as he looked to his girlfriend.

"Just tell me already. You know I have the patience of a-well whatever that saying is!" I exclaim as I sit up in my seat, waiting for him to tell me the big news. Draco laughed and looked to Astoria, whispering something in her ear. Astoria nodded and they looked back to me.