Chapter 7

hey so I have like two tests tomorrow so I'm basically going to try and write a decent update for you guys before having to sadly try and study for them tests so I hope you enjoy as I enjoy my last few minutes of freedom haha :) 

thanks to Beyond-Infinities for the banner on the side, it's very cute!

-

 I spent most of the night helping George work on some things. He came up with a few ideas and we tried to make a few of them come to life but so far it was all work in progress. We obviously didn't expect for it to go right first attempt and we obviously were far from giving up but we called it a night after something blew up for the fifth time. 

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was the smell. We had left the mess from last night untouched and I was already beginning to regret the stupid decision as the smell filled my nostrils.I was read to throw up from it, it was that bad. 

"George Weasley,  I'm going to throw up!" I yell, holding my nose and banging on his door. I don't care that when he opens the door he's going to see me in my oversized flannel pyjamas with my absolutely atrocious morning hair. It was only George, I didn't really mind how he seen me. I wasn't going to be able to look amazing around him all the time, he was my roommate. He was going to see me on my lazy days so he might as well know that morning me wasn't the prettiest sight. 

"Iris Parkinson, I warned you it's going to smell," he grumbled as he opened the door to his room, running a hand through his ginger hair. He really needed a haircut, his hair was becoming long and unruly. It was almost kind of curly when it was longer, like a mixture between his brothers' Bill and Percy but not as long as Bill's. 

He was dressed in flannel bottoms with a white t-shirt. George obviously wasn't fit but in the same way he wasn't fat. I didn't necessarily find that all boys had to be fit, in fact, sometimes it could be a turn off if he spent more time in the gym than he did actually relaxing. 

"Well I didn't think it would be this bad, George. I can't handle it, can we clean it up?" I asked him as he closed the bedroom door behind him. George slowly nodded as he let out a yawn. I couldn't tell why he was so tired; we went to sleep quite early last night. But I soon realise just because I fell asleep early didn't mean George had. 

"We'll clean it up but you're making breakfast for us afterwards. You woke me up early on my day off," George complained. I gasped as I realised the horrible thing I had done. I would never have thought that I would have done anything as horrible as waking someone up early on a day off but I honestly didn't know that it had been his day off. I still felt bad though. 

"Sorry, I'll make you some super great breakfast and a big mug of coffee. Sorry again, I didn't realise. I thought you got weekends off," I mumble. He just laughs as he sees me looking guilty. 

"It's fine. I do usually take weekends off but I like to take a day during the week off as well. Most of my days off I'll end up looking in on the shop to see ow it's doing though. I guess I worry a little too much to leave it for even a day," George said with a chuckle. 

"I don't see how you do it. When it comes to the weekend, I sit back and relax and I don't even bother to think on work. It would be too stressful. It's bad enough I've got to think about it during the week. I guess it's different when it's your business, though. And I guess you're like mad in love with your job," I say with a small smile growing on my face as I once again remember the Weasley twins leaving Hogwarts. 

"Yeah, it's a little harder when it's your business that could possibly be getting driven through the ground by your insane friend who you normally leave in charge. Don't get me wrong, I would trust Lee with my life but I do not trust Lee with the lives of my staff," George said as we both chuckled. I had known of Lee Jordan throughout Hogwarts and he seemed pretty cool. I mean, his announcements at the quidditch matches were one of the main reasons why I went. I had never actually talked to him, though. "Why did you work in the ministry if you didn't like your job?"