Chapter 10: Assemble

June, 2018

Unnamed Pacific Island

On a small equatorial island in the western Pacific, Mothra, still in the form of a brown worm, though grown to about the size of a 747 airliner, crawls alongside Godzilla, who is basking in the summer heat.

"Goji." She says, crawling up onto his head. The King of the Monsters doesn't respond so Mothra pokes his face with her tail a few times. Still not eliciting any reaction she again attempts to awaken him by moving down onto his snout, and using her tail to lift one of his eyelids. "Nap time's over." She says looking into the eye.

Finally Godzilla stirs, opening his other eye and releasing a massive yawn from his jaw. "Hm?" He grumbles.

"We've got work to do." The insect replies.

"Don't tell me we have more testing to do for Monarch."

"No, I think the Ghidrah is back though."

The lizard king's sleepy and disinterested eyes suddenly change to full attention, a fire clearly igniting within them. "Where?" He asks.

"To the south, the Australian continent." Mothra replies. "I can sense one Kaiju I haven't felt before but I can also feel...something else. It's difficult to describe the feeling extra-terrestrials give off, but it is very different from any Earth creature, and Ghidorah reeked of it when we last met."

"Then it's time for me to finish this."

"And I'm coming with you."

"Out of the question." He says turning toward the vast and open ocean.

"I wasn't asking." Mothra replies as she clamps down on the end of his tail with her mouth.

"You can't be serious...you're tiny, the Ghidrah would have to do nothing besides step on you."

"I need to be there, to protect you."

Gojira laughs, "Protect me? I can handle the space dragon and you certainly aren't ready to fight again."

"I didn't say I needed to protect you from the Ghidrah. I need to protect you from yourself." The tiny worm MUTO says. Then in a more in a more worried tone, "Imagine what would have happened last time if I had not been present."

Godzilla's posture sinks slightly, staring at the ground with a look of shame. He sighs, "Climb on."

Mothra releases his tail and scales up his back until coming to rest on the top of his head. Once she settles, Godzilla steps into the sea, careful not to dip his head too low into the water, and begins the swim to the land down under.

"I've asked Battra to go in ahead of us." Mothra says, "I told him to keep his distance until we arrive however, I don't want him taking on the Ghidrah alone."

"Good." Godzilla replies, "And the humans? Have you told the Doctor about this?"

"If Monarch doesn't already know it won't hurt them if we don't tell them right away. I don't want them doing something stupid like trying to attack with their pointless explosive weapons and needlessly getting themselves killed."

"That's probably for the best."

Mothra rolls her eyes, "They'll find out soon enough though, I just hope we can end it before they put themselves in harm's way."

Great Sandy Desert, Australia

Battra arrives in the Australian outback, picking up on the psychic signatures of two enormous beasts battling nearby, though his passive psychic powers are nowhere near a powerful as his sister's, he can still pick up on the mental stamp of living things within a relatively close area, and now, within a few hundred miles of two giant monsters battling it out, he can sense their presence easily and makes for their location.