Chapter IX: Blood Moon

===================================

[Quest: Savior of the People]

[Rank: E]

[Objective: Save people from mortal peril 10 times]

[Progress: 10/10]

[Reward: +3 attribute points, 1 E-Rank item of your choice, 1 random skill]

...

[Quest Complete]

[Would you like to accept rewards? Y/N]

===================================

Matthew looked at his quest screen as it seemed that, finally, the zombies had ceased, at least for the moment.

Everyone had taken a breather to rest and lick their wounds, with the help of Horris.

"Everyone doing alright?" Dorian asked, his forehead noticeably moist from sweat.

A faint echo of 'good's and 'fine's echoed from the party.

"OK good." The mage said half sarcastically. "So now we know something new," he glanced at Luke. "They are attracted to sound."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Got it, I won't save you next time." He muttered.

Dorian just chuckled. "Alright everyone take 5." He said as he began making his way to the other raid members.

Luke stepped to Matthew to lean against the building he was standing next to. "Ya' complete that quest?"

Matthew nodded. "Haven't collected the rewards yet. I also leveled up a few times." He stated.

Luke nodded in understanding. "Same here. How many times?"

"Three or four maybe?" Matthew said, opening up his status screen with a light ding through the air.

===================================

[Name: Matthew Adams]

[Level: 4]

[Job: None]

[HP: 50/65]

[MP: 33/33]

[Strength: 13]

[Agility: 13]

[Vigor: 13]

[Intelligence: 13]

[Sense: 13]

[Faith: 13]

===================================

Both Luke and Matthew's eyes widened slightly.

"Everything goes up by one when I level up?" Matthew spoke in a low voice, trying to keep the conversation confined to only himself and Luke. "I thought it would have given me stats to allocate among them. But this is much better."

"You got hit?" Luke asked, gesturing to Matthew's less-than-maximum HP.

"Just got bitch-slapped by a corpse; I'll be fine." Matthew waved off the issue.

"My quest got done a while ago. Haven't had a chance to accept anything yet." He said as his status screen appeared.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

[Name: Luke Sirius]

[Level: 4]

[Job: None]