Chapter XIX: Armor Fit For a Warrior

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

[Warrior's Presence]

[Rank: C]

[Type: Passive]

[Description: You have sharpened your fighting spirit so much so that lesser creatures around you can sense your strength. Enemies that are weaker then you within 30 feet of you have all their stats weakened. The amount is determined by the difference in level]

***

[Blitz]

[Rank: D+]

[Type: Active]

[MP Cost: 20]

[Description: You dash forward in a blur, briefly tripling your movement speed for 3 seconds or until you stop moving]

***

[Healing Whispers]

[Rank: C+]

[Type: Active]

[MP cost: N/A]

[Description: Your words have become so powerful that they can heal the wounds of others. You convert 1 MP into HP to heal the person you can see within 30 feet of you. The amount of HP healed per MP is based on your Faith stat]

[Current Conversion Rate: 1 MP > 4 HP]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Well that solves the issue of needing to be nearby to heal others." Matthew mumbled to himself as he looked over his upgraded skill. But then his attention turned once again to one of his new skills: [Warrior's Presence].

Simply put, it was insane. While Matthew didn't know how much the skill decreased his opponent's stats, he was shocked it did it to anyone within a radius of himself.

It was rare among hunters for skills to debuff other creatures. Mostly the skills were held within healer or mage type hunters and only ever targeted one or two magic beasts. Even then it only decreased a single attribute, like it's speed or mana level, not all of them.

Then there was Blitz, Sanri's skill. Sanri had two separate skills, when Matthew had gotten the quest to duel Sanri, he was curious as to which skill he'd get. But it seemingly had depended on which skill Sanri actually used.

Matthew had seen Sanri use it plenty of times before when they had traveled through dungeons. In the beginning Matthew had thought it was some form of short-range teleportation. Although with his increased senses he had noticed it was him just moving extremely quickly; something that his E-rank reactions couldn't track.

Suddenly, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

He'd received a text from Berret.

"Sanri decided to just ask Valine for some healing cause his wounds weren't that bad. We'll meet in the briefing room once I have a chat with the 'man upstairs' to get our gate for the week. Also, you're gonna really need to chat about what the hell happened with you."

Matthew responded back. "Got it. I'll explain the situation to the whole group in the briefing room."

A second layer, Berret simply replied back with a thumbs-up emoji as Matthew pocketed his phone.

***

While the armory of the guild hall wasn't the most impressive thing in the world, it still had hunting gear of decent enough quality to get most hunters through a fair amount of dungeons. However Matthew was certain there were better shops to get equipment if he wanted the trip of going part-way across town to the shopping district. Unfortunately he was in a strange state of having too much time to do a menial task, and too little time to go anywhere outside the guild hall.