01

"Are we truly the only species that evolved this far"

Humans stood at the top

They were able to create languages in order to communicate with humans from different origins.

They have written history, created weapons that can wipe of cities, societies that are still standing, and peace.

Yet humans were still incomplete.

Human emotion have always been present in every decision made.

Emotions are part of daily life.

It's what makes us human.

You knew that humans were a fragile things, always feeding into their emotions instead of rational decisions.

You too were a member of this group.

Humans desire to be acknowledged, to have some that either loves or hates them.

Humans believe what they do it right and may hurt more than what they save.

Humans are willing to destroy anything to protect something valuable to them.

Staring at the sunset, you could only lift your camera towards the empty street

Being a photographer was a small side hobby you had as you liked having a small image of events you had. You would always write on the back of the photo about the memory.

After standing there for a few more seconds, you moved along towards your destination which was the supermarket.

Running low on groceries and your favorite snacks, you added to your agenda once you finished work.

'Maybe I should also get some ice cream as well' you think as you entered the supermarket and grabbed a basket.

It was slightly empty as you heard the soft music playing in the background while you collected enough groceries to last you for the week.

Once done paying you headed out only to see a calico cat sitting on top of ice box. It's brown eyes staring at you as if they knew your secrets.

'The fuck?' You question as all you could do was stare back at it.

It reminded you of Sōseki Natsume, a human with the ability to turn into a cat from a recent manga you've been reading.

Bungo Stray Dogs

At first you expected to be a sweat manga but after the first few chapters that thought changed quickly but you still loved the manga.

Suddenly the cat jumped off the car before walking towards you as you just were about to leave.

Staring down at them as they walked down the path before staring back at you, signaling that they were waiting for you.

"Have I finally gone insane?" Sighing you walked forward with the calico cat walking next to you.

"Say cat, what do you think about humans?" You asked knowing that the cat wouldn't respond to you but you didn't care.

The calico cat just meowed at you.

"Well I think that we are a weird species just as any other species. We are said to be made of something that it nothing but we can still feel, love or hate, and think" you say as you opened your apartment complex door, letting the calico cat in as it didn't seem he wasn't going to leave you alone.

"Just like you animals, you love and hate, feel, think, and kill just like us humans but even if I am human like anyone else, we categories ourselves into smaller groups" Opening your apartment door, you set down the bags near the door before picking up the calico cat.

Holding the cat to you face you could only smile at it "you are a cat so you don't have to worry about human lives, especially the horror of taxes"

The calico cat only meows back while bopping his paw on your face.

"Your adorable, now let's see if I can find some food for you as I'm keeping you now. Actually I should name you", you placed the cat down as you moved your bags towards the kitchen.

Yet turning you back may have been your biggest mistake you'll every make.

Turning around you looked at the calico cat,"How about Sensei, just like-?"

You now found a book where the cat once was. You definitely didn't leave a book on the floor so you could only sigh at what you've gotten into.

A messy cat.

"Barely a minute in my place and your already dropping things from where there supposed to be?" You groan as you immediately picked up the book only to see the cover. It had no title, no author name or drawing. Just a plain, white book with golden markings.

You never owned this book.

Curiosity getting the best of you, you opened the book only to find yourself staring at a black cover. Confused, you flip through the pages only to find the book completely blank.

Not a single word written on it.

Placing the book on the table, you had much important matters to attend, finding that damn cat.

Yet your only mistake was to turn your back to the book.

Suddenly your vision was blinded by a bright light as you cursed.

'God damn it!'