02

Ability users can be found around the world.

The sad part is that they would always lead a life of suffering. Hunted and killed just for how deadly their abilities were.

Discourse of Decadence was Ango Sakaguchi's ability.

Discourse of Decadence was now your ability.

You were Ango Sakaguchi.

Someone who rarely was shown but held an important position as he was responsible for Oda's death, cleared Dazai's record, helping the Armed Detective Agency, and helping Dazai while he was Meursault.

Ango had the ability to read memories for things, living or non-living. It has been stated that in order to handle his skill, he had to train his brain in order to handle stronger memories.

You were just a regular person in your past life. Yet now this was your new life, suffering and pain was now present in your path with no change and you could only move forward.

"What a depressing life"

Staring into the mirror, you were currently 7-9 years old based on your appearance, maybe a bit younger but that wasn't the current problem. You were in an orphanage. It didn't take long to find out but that's what has become now.

'Why do these characters either have terrible background which involve orphanages or no background at all?! There is nothing on the background of this character!?! I might die before the story even beings!' You were panicking inside as you kicked a pillow that was on the floor.

"You could have given me a different body but no, it had to be a character like Ango Sakaguchi! This all your fault!" You turned to the calico cat that was sitting on the desk next to the window, licking its fur, ignoring you.

Ango Sakaguchi was important to Dazai's background as he was held responsible for Oda's death, someone Dazai ever cared deeply for. Dazai had even tried to kill Ango yet failed to do so or succeed.

'Why couldn't you give me someone who doesn't piss off Dazai?!'

"Ango, breakfast is about to be served!"

Turning around, you looked at your roommate. He was slightly younger than you with your normal Japanese features. You had the normal features with brown hair, pale skin, and brown eyes yet with your ability made you far from normal.

"Alright"

You could only sigh in relief that the orphanage you found yourself wasn't one similar to that of Atsushi

'Thank you for not causing childhood trauma for me!' You cheered as you could at least live a few peaceful years until the timeline starts.

Though the one thing that did suck was the it was low funded. The state of the building wasn't the best but at least the building isn't collapsing anytime soon. You'll leave that for the future when you find a way to leave.

The orphanage only have 4 caretakers for about 30 kids, ranging from 3 to 15 years old. You found out that the oldest ones had been adopted or left. You wouldn't blame them but this is Yokohama.

Nothing is safe.

Especially with the Great War just starting.

You were now grateful for the young body of Ango as you had no worries of being drafted until you suddenly had a thought ruin that hope.

'The government has been hunting for ability users in order to be used as soldiers. Anglo's ability doesn't have any use on the battlefield but it's great for spy work! Oh god' You slowly started to panic at the idea on how Ango became apart of the government.

This was just the worse.

The orphanage seems to have no idea of your ability but you knew you had to be careful. Despite that your ability can't be seen like Atsushi with a transformation type or Akutagawa who has a manipulation type.

You still have no idea how to control your ability yet as a single touch can cause you to activate it. You could only feel sorry if this character as they have have used in on an object that may have traumatized them.

"I might die if I don't get this ability under control" You whined as you sat in the small playground in the backyard of the orphanage. Everyone else was inside which allowed you to think cause just being g with kids 24/7 started to cause some headaches and slight fear if they notice anything wrong. Kids aren't afraid to lie and had no idea on how to keep a simple promise.

Turning towards the calico cat you know started to believe was Natsume, you felt a slight needed to find Dazai and get him to turn back Natusme to human so you can beat the living shit out of him before asking him what to do now.

Noticing that Natsume, which you decided to just call him that in your head, was now walking away, you immediately grabbed him and lifted in off the ground.

"Your just going to have to suffer with me you damn cat" You turned Natsume towards you as you made sure to not allow him to run off.

'Now, to make sure to survive not being drafted and keep this cat from running off from now'