03

"Ango, Sensei ran off again!"

"Again!? That damn cat"

You sigh in frustration as the other kids could only giggle at your pain.

It took a while for the caretakers to accept you having a cat but after a bit of pressure from the other kids taking a liking to the calico cat and begging from your side that you'll be the one to take care of the cat, the eventually agreed.

You remember celebrating at that time as you now had Natsume suffer with you on dealing with kids, especially since they never had a official pet in the orphanage.

You felt a small tug on your sleeve as you looked down to see Aiko, a 5 year old girl that was brought to the orphanage around the same as you. You made sure to make a list of everyone with everything you need to know about them.

"Ango, can we come with you?"

Kira, a 13 year old and one of the few oldest in the orphanage, patted Aiko on the shoulder, "You have math lessons soon"

"Aww! But why does Ango get to leave?"

"Cause I finished all my work", you replied as you had a small grin on your face. The one time you were thankful for your pass knowledge. You now had all the free time you want and it also seems that Ango was the smartest kid in the orphanage which helped you.

Aiko just pouted as you just ruffled her hair, "Once I find Sensei, I'll come back and help you with your lessons so we can both go out, alright?"

"Deal!"

"Ango, your just to soft with the younger ones, why don't you help me as well", Kira dramatically says as he pretends to be hurt.

"Cause Kira should now this stuff by now and it's sad to see a 8 year old helping a 13 year old with math"

"Ango, don't say that out loud!"

"There you are!"

A small bell chimed as you lifted the calico cat into your arms. Natsume just slouched into your arms as you stood up from the bush and made your way towards the path.

"You need to stop running away for days. I don't want to lose my only cat that actually behaves" You scolded the cat as you made your way onto the path and started to head towards the orphanage.

Making sure that the calico cat as secured in your arms with a small treat in its mouth to keep it satisfied.

Noticing a military car passing by you, you watched as innocent, naive soldiers headed towards the port in order to be shipped off across Europe. The government has stared conscripting civilians as the number of soldiers started to decrease, either due to their death, permanent injuries, or how spread out Japan has become into this war.

It's barely been a month or 2 since you've awakened in this world and the war can already be seen affect everyone in Japan, especially within Yokohama.

The orphanage has 8 new kids and it seemed that the money had been cut once again as it has slowly become harder to feed all the kids everyday. The older ones have decided to take on jobs around the city in order to help the financials, even you decided to help tutor some kids from schools for some cash.

The caretakers tried to tell you not to worry yet they soon gave up as they truly needed the money and could only tell you to only help an hour every other day.

Though you found it weird that nobody really questioned you, you soon remembered that there was a war going on in the background and there were literal humans with abilities that can destroy the world though depends on the ability.

Making sure to arrive as quickly as you can to the orphanage as the Port Mafia was slowly increasing its activity as well as other smaller gangs.

With the government focused on the war, it was slowly turning every city a dangerous place.

Even at this time, it was the former Port Mafia boss that was in charge, which Mori would then kill and take over in order for the Tripartite Framework to being and bring what could be seen as peace in Yokohama.

Though this peace wasn't really the type of peace people would think of, it was the best scenario as it allowed 3 organizations to watch over Yokohama and its citizens, even if it means harming and killing others.

This world had a gray society unlike a black and white society.

Your body or the character you were had a role in this world.

To be a spy for the government and watch the events in the background. To clean up the mess and make sure everything was running smoothly.

'Even as a background character, Ango definitely deals with a lot of trouble. Now it falls on me!' You sigh as you opened the gates to the orphanage, making sure to lock them before heading inside.

Setting Sensei down and watched him walked away, towards his usual stop on your desk where he can sleep with the sun shining on him, you headed towards the rooms that deemed as classrooms.

"Ango!"

You could only find yourself being tackled by 2 children as you were knocked to the ground.

"Aiko! Haru! Stop throwing yourself, you could've gotten yourself and Ango hurt" You heard the voice of Emiko, one of the orphanage caretakers and teacher to all the children.

Emiko was a 47 year old women who had been working for the orphanage for almost 6 years now. She had created online tutoring sessions as her job before she worked for the orphanage and used this lessons to teach the children.

Emiko lifted you up once Aiko and Haru got off you.

'He looks like a cat!' Aiko and Haru think as they watch Emiko hold you from under your armpits, arms stretched out in front of you. Your usual frown on your face and your big glasses slipped off a bit.

Emiko placed you down and fixed your glasses before giving another rant to the two girls about their behavior.

"Ango, can you help me with this?" You turned to see Nagi, a 9 year old boy who you had found out had been at this orphanage since a few months old. He was one of the few kids that have lived in this place the longest.

"Sure" You followed him, leaving the two girls to get chewed out by Emiko.

It was a normal day at the orphanage.

You could only hope that peace continues.